Monday 24 June 2013

Monday

Yesterday turned out to be a very creative day after all.  I was reminded that I still have those strawberries from last weekend, vacu-packed to keep them fresh but definitely in need of using up, so use them up I did with sticks of rhubarb from Beth's garden and some cranberries from the freezer to make up the weight of fruit.  An hour later I had seven pots of luscious jam, one of the best I have ever made and I had all the ingredients in.  I would estimate that each pot costs under 31p so very much in the spirit of frugality.  Of course, it won't always be as good value as that.  The most expensive items were free or  greatly reduced, but that's one of the things frugality is all about - seizing the moment!

Apart from that I was rather lazy which was jolly nice.

Today it's back to work with just 20 days to go.  I should get my reports back soon so will find out just how bad (or not) they are.  Fingers crossed.  The more I think about it, the more I realise maybe it wasn't such a good idea to hand then straight in after finishing them off overnight.  They're probably loaded with mistakes!!

Better take a look at my planning, I suppose . . . time is passing rapidly!


No comments:

Post a Comment