Tuesday 2 October 2012

Tuesday

Well, yesterday was a most interesting day.  It was the first day of performance management I and had two of my four to do.  New paperwork, now 'standard' statements - well, it took a short while to get collective heads around the whole thing but we got there and my other two today will get the benefit of that.  It is possibly simpler that the old way, with more page to the form but less to have to think about, providing each  mentoree comes with their information, having done their own homework!  Mine's on Friday!

As anticipated, I came home yesterday to be greeted by the aroma of a baking loaf, very welcome after a long, hard graft at school.  For the first time this term I didn't have time to go through my checklist before leaving and I know there are things that have not been done but I really couldn't do anything about that given that Steve was waiting to lock up.  I will be hammering on the front door at 7:30 this morning, that's for sure.  So the welcoming atmosphere as I walked in last night was wonderful.  One of the best aromas in the world.


So - today . . . the usual, plus painting still life (cough, cough) and performance management.  Jolly good fun all round!

No comments:

Post a Comment