Friday 12 October 2012

Friday

The end of yet another week.  Two weeks until half term.  Not that anything is slowing down, of course.  Quite the opposite, we started at a run and it's just getting faster.  At least one is rarely bored - not in class anyway!

I'm looking forward to tomorrow.  DG (who I guess I can now call Alex, seeing as DD - Beth - has outed their names on her own blog - it's good, go and read it http://veggievictorykitchen.blogspot.co.uk/ ) is coming round because Beth has a tutorial.  I'm looking forward to seeing him and I guess he is looking forward to - eating non-rations!!!  He's requested fish and chips so I will have the same, although my fish will be maybe a boil in the bag kind (which are not as nasty as they sound, in fact) and my chips will be carefully measured out.

Today is busy, busy, busy.  Three - yes, THREE - meetings.  One at another school, one in the head's office and one in the staffroom (I'm guessing it's there anyway, that being the quietest and most comfortable place).    Fortunately they are one after the other so I don't have to be in two places at the same time, two in the morning and one in the afternoon.

The weekend is also going to be somewhat busy, with parents evening reports to write, levelling to do and a fair bit of sorting out.  At least I am bang up to date with marking, filing, etc, so that's a great relief!

Last night I popped out to the freezer with a loaf and my eye was caught by a spider in a web, glistening with raindrops in the security lighting.  As they say, nothing ventured, nothing gained, so I popped back in to get the camera and had a go on the 'intelligent automatic' setting.  These are the best . . .

Add caption

A more tightly cropped version of the one above

Not as shiny as it really looked, but given that it was dark and I'm pretty ignorant with cameras, I'm pleased with these photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment