Thursday 11 October 2012

Thursday

. . . and when I came back from Danbury after my virtual visit yesterday morning, I came bearing turkeys.  Well, one turkey and one stuffed and rolled breast.  No, I didn't need the latter but they had ten pounds off anything extra that you ordered at the same time as the turkey and it will be very useful for a family gathering.  I ended up buying a 6k bird in the expectation that it will be a fair bit bigger than that - they always are.  I still remember with some horror how I ordered an 8k bird and when it came it was nearly 10k.  The birds had grown well that year and they were passing on the extra to their customers free.  After a not-so-minor panic I had to hack off the drumsticks before it would fit in the oven!!!  And we were all getting a bit fed up of turkey in the end!  You can have too much of a good thing.

And talking of fitting into the oven, I seem to have lost one of my good roasting tins.  I know I had two but on Sunday I could only find one which was a bit of a pain.  So over to Lakeland I went and got some more - it's ridiculous not having enough roasting tins.  Now I have - or will have when they arrive!  Good old Internet.

Keen eyed readers will notice that this is being written at stupid o'clock.  I'm wide awake, bright-eyed and bushy tailed and raring to go (and will suffer for it tonight) but I'm going with the flow in the hopes that I don't crash until I get home this evening.  There's so much to do and so little time - so here I am, writing my blog!!!  Go figure, as the saying goes.

Right, better go and get started.  Next week's planning, reports for parents evenings, Christmas show scrips and sundry other bits and bobs . . . here I come!

And another unconnected photo from Hyde Hall!  Loved the vegetable garden!

No comments:

Post a Comment