Wednesday 15 December 2010

Wednesday evening

It's been another long and tiring day. I was in school at seven thirty, more or less, to sort out what needed sorting out in the hall after yesterday's performance. Thankfully, the teachers whose class chairs we had used had kindly agreed that their children could retrieve their own chairs when they came in at eight forty-five (I was so grateful), so I didn't have to lug thousands of chairs from the hall to the bays as I did after the first performance (oh, OK, it wasn't thousands, but it felt like it and it set my shoulder aching badly again for a while). Steve, bless his cotton socks, sorted out the rest of the aftermath (thanks, Steve, much appreciated) and that was just about the end of Whoops-A-Daisy Angel.
There seems to be an awful lot of brackets here - sorry!

I've received some wonderfully kind and appreciative comments from parents whose children took part in the show. One or two almost reduced me to tears (yes, I AM tired, but even so, they were lovely). But I want it on record here as well as on Facebook that something like WADA does not succeed because of one person. It succeeds because a whole team works together to MAKE it succeed and I am extremely grateful to all of the Infant staff who have worked so very hard since half term. I may get the limelight as the coordinator, but there's no way it would have been the success it was without all of us working together. Thanks, one and all, you are fantastic.

So, on to today. I greeted some very tired little mortals when they came in. Not as many tears as I expected and, thanks to my class-based team being aware and looking out, things went OK today. Slow, not a lot of 'progress', but we avoided the worst of the tired tempers and anguish!

After school I hurriedly tidied up my bay in preparation for the Christmas Fair (postponed from a week last Friday because of the snow) and then whizzed into town to pick up my new hearing aids.
That sounds a very simple process, doesn't it, but in reality it wasn't simple at all. Being digital, there was a lot of individual programming and I was linked up to the computer big time while levels were set . . . and so on. Quite tiring really.
Judgement is reserved at the moment, because an awful lot of hearing is in the way the brain interprets the messages and my brain has become accustomed to a very different type and quality of sound input. The aids were put to a serious test straight away because I rushed straight back to school to help with the Christmas Fair, on the Water or Wine stall. I coped . . . and feel quite positive right now. We will see how it goes and what I will say at the first 'check-up' in a fortnight's time.

Of course, after three evenings working, once I got home, I flaked out. Goodness, I am so tired again. The fair was fun but . . .

Two days to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment