Saturday 18 December 2010

Saturday morning - very early indeed

Went to bed, went to sleep, woke up, read a book, went to sleep, woke up, came downstairs. It's one of those nights when I'm so tired I can't sleep and ache enough that the bed feels very uncomfortable. I'm going to replace the duvet, I think. It has lost its light, fluffy feel and is a bit lumpy and bumpy and hard to snuggle into. I'll put it on the list for whenever I get into town.

Having had a sausage roll (ooops) and two coffees, I can feel the drowsiness creeping over me again and I will go up soon and try to sleep. Luckily there's no need to get up before about eleven and no pressures regarding planning and other school stuff. George isn't coming because the ground is rock hard.

Later on today, I'm hoping to have a go at making some fruit and nut biscotti. I've never made biscotti but the process looks pretty simple really and the particular recipe I want to try looks luxuriously delicious - sultanas, cherries, chopped dates, pistachios, almonds and hazelnuts. Yummy yum yum!
Mind you, if today is the sleepy day I expect it to me, they might have to wait until tomorrow!

Night - see you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment