The first one I didn't go on, partly because Diane wasn't going, partly because neither of us is good with long walks on uneven surfaces and partly because my knee hurt. However, the others said it was really lovely. I can't find anything specific about it on Google and only know it is the Enchanted Forest, of which there are loads.
On Wednesday we went to the spa at Cela.
It's a natural springs lido with green space to chill and eating places nearby.
In the morning, there was a group of youngsters having what looked like a boating lesson and they were having a wonderful time.
It was just a lovely, family oriented place with everyone chilling and enjoying the vibe.
Just another view of the grass.
This was the night of the Big Storm. Sorry I have no videos - I thought I had saves some but no. It was, I gather, very dramatic. I slept through it!
After some more rain last week, Lindsey posted a video she was sent of the rambla where we were supposed to - er - ramble the next day. The guide cancelled as she said it would be dangerous after the rain - and you can see why, can't you?
After some more rain last week, Lindsey posted a video she was sent of the rambla where we were supposed to - er - ramble the next day. The guide cancelled as she said it would be dangerous after the rain - and you can see why, can't you?
The following day, we were supposed to visit a local planetarium that Lindsey said was really good. However, the owner and guide was unwell so it was cancelled so instead we went to Baza where they had post fiesta celebrations.
In random order - a model railway to celebrate the opening of a local line fifty (I think) years ago.
A food and drink area that was absolutely packed with youngsters and families having an amazing time. Not rowdy, not in any way intimidating, just lively and happy.
A really good big wheel that cost four euros for a long ride. Yes, I did.
This stall sold shots of Madeira. Yes, we did. It was lovely.
This was such a good evening.
On the last evening we went to Seron.
There's a lot of interesting info about Seron here - well worth a read.
This is the view from Seron, right across the Almanzora valley to the mountains the other side. To get there we went through marble quarries and desert areas, very dramatic.
And rather more modern things until we found the restaurant and that was the last trip. We went home the next day.
I'm glad I'm going back again. As I said, it wasn't a touristy finding-things-out kind of holiday but I felt we got a little taste of Spanish life even so.
Seron was particularly lovely and well worth another visit.
So that's my Spanish holiday. I was tired when I got home but, at the same time, felt rejuvenated and energised. It was lovely, well worth it. xx














Sounds a really nice holiday and you've made and recorded a lot of happy memories.xx
ReplyDelete