I got two loads of washing done (one was my bedding) and gave my bedroom a clean out so it's all neat in there. I'm sure I sleep better in a tidier room (note - I said tidier, not tidy!) and clean sheets are always one of life's great pleasures!
Kay sorted out downstairs so, all in all, what with that and the washing and ironing done, it was all good.
And look . . .
. . . at last, some colour. It's actually more obvious in real life than on this photo and, not only that, but there's two starting to colour on the other Roma as well.
I think I need to cut back the lower leaves a bit more - give them a bit more light and air.
I think I need to cut back the lower leaves a bit more - give them a bit more light and air.
Nice.
And the Japanese anemones are now starting to flower. They were a very poor show last year but are making up for it this year. There's loads of buds..
I have a morning routine that I like to follow, assuming enough time, fine weather and time of year. I come down, start the coffee, get out my meds and then wander into the garden, do a quick reccy, deadhead stuff, talk to the tomatoes, eliminate weeds, etc, and, if it's very hot, do a morning water. No need for that at the moment.
Anyway, I find it very grounding. Then I come in, grab my coffee and head to the laptop.
Nice.
Today it is my friend, Diane's, birthday. I'm driving over to hers, picking her up and we're heading to Cressing Temple Barns to have lunch in the Tiptree tea rooms there. Then we can wander around the grounds. It's so lovely there.
While I am out, Matt the Plumber will be round, replacing my drippy kitchen tap. It will be lovely to not have to continually be wiping up water from around the bottom of the tap. It's just as well I totally trust him as he knows the hiding place for my key! We've done this before and it works really well. He might still be working when I get home but perhaps not.
Have a really lovely day, everyone. xx
No comments:
Post a Comment