I trundled off into town on the bus yesterday, laden with a list, water, sunhat, TV connectors and, most important, my bank card!
The bus was quick so I was able to wander along to Grape Tree first and found not only the required mixed seeds and pumpkin seeds (there's never enough pumpkin seeds in a mix so I always add more) but also some beetroot powder that someone in one of my Facebook pages recommended.
The bus was quick so I was able to wander along to Grape Tree first and found not only the required mixed seeds and pumpkin seeds (there's never enough pumpkin seeds in a mix so I always add more) but also some beetroot powder that someone in one of my Facebook pages recommended.
I picked up my glasses and had them fitted before popping over the road to Pret - I rarely eat breakfast out but, on this occasion, I decided I wanted to - so I did! I had a 'big apple bowl (not so big but very nice) and my usual black Americano and really enjoyed the experience. I do like Pret food.
I wandered into Holland and Barrett where my eye was caught by a bag of carlin peas (dried peas) which, says the bag, are sometimes called pigeon peas and which have a chestnutty flavour, nice in curries, with roasted veg and in salads.
Looking forward to giving them a try!
Looking forward to giving them a try!
And then, the main event. Back to Specsavers for my hearing aid appointment where the audiologist took great care with tuning them, linking my TV connectors (the sound Bluetooths straight into the aids which is absolutely brilliant) and updating the app on my phone. It's amazing what you can get to help nowadays.
I paid the ouchy amount and that was that - until the check up in a month's time!
Now I can do a final check and close my accounts for July. Good!
Just as I got home, up rolled the window cleaner. Good timing there. Poor chap, he was baking hot and gratefully accepted a big glass of iced water, following up with a second big glass.
Today is a nothing in the diary day. Chris can't make coffee and chat this morning. It feels quite nice to have nothing scheduled first thing - every week day usually has something - fitness class, PT, coffee and chat and Slimming World.
I've picked another load of tomatoes including some big ones so I need to deal with them. I think I am just going to peel the cherry sized ones and freeze them whole and I might make some portions of soup with the bigger ones.
I'm having a lot in meals at the moment as well.
Happy days!
I've picked another load of tomatoes including some big ones so I need to deal with them. I think I am just going to peel the cherry sized ones and freeze them whole and I might make some portions of soup with the bigger ones.
I'm having a lot in meals at the moment as well.
Happy days!
Have a lovely Thursday and let's hope it's a bit cooler today - yesterday was an absolute scorcher! xx
No comments:
Post a Comment