Saturday 8 May 2021

Saturday

 Good morning, everyone.  After a rather pleasant and sunny day yesterday, it's raining quite hard, obviously has been for a while and looks as if it intends to continue for some time to come.  We need it so I'm trying not to complain.   :-)

Yesterday was a sort of quiet day.  I did achieve one thing though - no, two - the first being I have an empty clothes basket and ironing basket.  I do like to keep on top of the washing.  All I have to do this morning is put it all away tidily.

The other thing was getting the button band finished and starting to sew it all up.  It takes longer to sew up than one would think.  I've spoilt many a good piece of knitting with careless finishing off in my dim and distant past so I take it carefully, count rows, measure and pin, etc.  It's coming on!

HIGNFY was so much more fast paced and, dare I say it, funny than the original that I saw.  I think I heard one whoop that might have been me but how can you tell?  The cutting team really do earn their money, turning something fairly rough into a smooth and pacey production. 
Me, never satisfied, wish I had booked for next week's now as one of the panelists is Jo Brand and she really does make me laugh!  I'm very glad I had this one though, it was so enjoyable and something quite different.  I doubt I will ever be an audience again though as they will be going live again.

Today looks like being another inside day, what with the rain and me still feeling quite weary.  I'm sleeping well so I don't know, but better now than this time next week.
I must do a small shop; there's not a lot to get but I'm very short of fruit and veg which isn't good.
I've started my 'what to pack' holiday list and, as always, I am thankful that I go by car.  The list gets longer and longer as I list my kitchen comforts (trying to cut with a blunt holiday cottage knife is exceedingly annoying) and I do like to cook nice dinners, it's all part of treating myself.  Being a one roomed 'garden house', it can get hot so a fan is essential.  Then there's the technology bag . . .

I'd be totally lost if I had to travel light.

So I'm hoping for a nice, quiet day in a clean and fairly tidy home after the cleaner worked her magic yesterday.  Nothing too exciting but good, all the same.  Catching up with recordings, You Tube clips, finishing off my knitting, getting on with sewing up Beth's cat cushion, not to mention the shopping.  And I will start planning the holiday meals because I really CAN'T take the whole contents of my food cupboards!

Stay dry, everyone, and have a lovely Saturday.  xx

8 comments:

  1. I watched HIGNFY last night but it wasn't one of their better shows. I didn't really rate the two guests this time.

    It's pouring down here so it's another day at home, not that I'm complaining and at least I don't need to water the garden! I'm going to cook up some soups for the freezer today so will be enjoying myself in the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. They made the best of it through the editing but next week or last week would have been better. The whole thing was still enjoyable though. Just my bad luck, really! :-)
      xx

      Delete
  2. I thought last night's show was really funny with Ian, Paul and Steph McGovern interacting beautifully. I get Eileen's point about the two guests though, can't even remember who they were.

    I'm totally with you regarding holiday packing, you want to be as comfortable or more than at home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have seen the comedian before (can't remember the name though) but not the political chap.
      xx

      Delete
  3. I really wanted to watch the show last night but I was so tired I fell asleep! I might try and watch it on catch up later.
    I know what you mean about having kitchen comforts on holiday. As I always go self-catering, I often find a kitchen lacking in certain items. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for the basics but . . . limited.
      xx

      Delete
    2. And I do like to take a decent mug to drink my morning coffee from. X

      Delete