Friday 7 May 2021

Friday

 Good morning, everyone.  It's good and sunny right now, a bit later than usual, and I didn't notice any frost earlier.  The forecast looks very promising for today, not great for tomorrow, so-so for next week and, at the moment, really good for the week after which is my holiday week so fingers crossed!

The recording of HIGNFY was quite an eye opener.  It started with a few words from the floor manager person (I think) followed by a warm up chap who made joked, gave more info about our role and told us how to cheer, etc - quite necessary because I didn't realise that once recording starts, you can't hear the rest of the audience, just the panel - and nor can the panel so, as Paul said, they never know whether they are being genuinely funny or just a bit boring until much later.  There's also a second or so delay between the panel and any cheers, etc, which is edited out before the programme.  It felt odd, clapping and cheering and not knowing if anyone else was doing the same although I guess they can edit out any total faux pas.

Another thing was the gaps and pauses which you never see in the broadcast.  It's not nearly as quick moving as it seems to be and occasionally the technology (pictures, quotes, etc) failed and the segment had to be re-done afterwards.

Having said all of that, it was very friendly, very enjoyable, and I am really looking forward to seeing what they make of it all for the programme this evening.  I'm glad I got the chance.

On to today and I'm thinking I will have an easy day.  I was going to go fruit and veg shopping early and I do have a swim booked but I think I will cancel that, stay indoors or in the garden and just chill.  I have to sort out quite a mess for the cleaners, the Hello Fresh box is arriving this afternoon and I've nearly finished the not-button/button hole band on the cardigan so I'd like to get that finished.  Well over 500 stitches, it came out as, so each row is a major undertaking and it's just as well there's only nine or eleven rows (depending on what it looks like after nine rows) before casting off.

So that's about it.  Nothing very exciting today and that's fine - I feel I need some breathing space, to be honest.
Have a lovely day and I hope the weather is good down your way.  xx

7 comments:

  1. It's fascinating to be on the other side of the production process isn't it, but I don't think I could cope with clapping and cheering on my own ... although it would have Alan in stitches which would in turn set me off again, so the laughter would roll on and on.

    How has Friday come round so quickly, what a fast week this has been!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really very interesting and it did feel odd. I wonder what the neighbours thought. The warm up chap told us it was our opportunity to annoy or bewilder the neighbours!
      Quite a lot had drinks in hand and maybe that helped. :-)

      You've had quite a week one way and another so that does help the days to pass quickly.
      xx

      Delete
  2. You've had a busy time of things lately, so a less 'exciting' day is probably welcome.
    It's fascinating to hear how the recording took place and, for you, I expect it will be even more so to see how it eventually broadcasts. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's on this evening and the extended vers
      xxion (Have I Got A Bit More News For You) is out a few days later, I think.

      Delete
  3. Nearly finished.
    I can imagine you do. (((hugs for you)))
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I shall be watching HIGNFY tonight ... do they actually show the audience or am I getting mixed up with another show?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They showed the audience at the start of the the very first show in this series but not, I think, since. No, they didn't show us last night.
      xx

      Delete