Thursday 13 May 2021

Thursday

 Good morning.  We've had overnight rain and it looks very much as if there's more on the way very soon.  Never mind, I have plenty to do inside.

The vaccine wasn't quite as trouble free as the first one as later in the morning I developed a headache, felt very tired and had a few aches and shivers.  I was a Good Girl, took the meds, turned up the heating, snuggled under the fleece and rested up, thankful that I could.
Lindsey, lovely lady that she is, rescheduled my personal training hour to Friday afternoon which was very kind of her as she's a busy lady.
I had a pretty long sleep in the afternoon and slept pretty much like a log all night.  This morning, apart from a much sorer arm that last time, I feel absolutely fine.  I think I got away lightly and am very thankful.

I'm so happy that's done.

In the time after vaccine and before the aches started, I drove on to Hobbycraft with the aim of finding another pattern and the yarn to go with it.  However, there was nothing that I fancied in the pattern line (plenty of yarn but I can't buy yarn without having a pattern to go with it - well, I can, and have done in the past but I'm trying very hard not to).

After a bit of thought while resting, I've decided on the holiday knitting and, hopefully, something a bit longer term.  I will use up my yarn stash by knitting things like little jumpers, etc, wrap them up nicely, label them and pop them in the Salvation Army drop off point.  I might make it seasonal - Christmassy things in the autumn, etc.  That way I'm not making unwanted stuff for myself and doing a bit of good while I keep knitting.  I can't imagine not having a knitting project!

The only other thing I did was to open Google Maps and dig out the routes from Southwold to the various places I hope to visit.  I was going to look round a few of the wool towns but it's more than a short drive and I might 'do' Aldeburgh instead.  On the way to Orford Castle, one passes Snape Maltings and I might also pop in there and have a nosey around.
I'm certainly not going to be bored next week!!

I've woken up this morning feeling fine which is just as well after pretty much losing a day yesterday.  I plan to put clothes out in the spare room, get together stuff like the tech bag, fan, etc.

Chris and I have cancelled our chat for today - she and S are off on holiday tomorrow and she's a bit pushed for time so we agreed to give it a miss.

We are celebrating Alex's birthday this evening.  Really it was on Saturday but, as he was deep into his finals preparation, he decided to ignore it until that was finished.  He and Beth are coming over for a meal and pressies.  He's requested hunter's chicken with chips, nice and easy and one of my favourites too.  So I have some preparation for that, not an awful lot and it will be fun.

Before then, it's the last Slimming World Zoom meeting.  I'm kind of sorry - using Zoom made it way more accessible for me and I hear just about everything, unlike the f2f meetings where I miss an awful lot.  Ah, well, we can't always have things the way we would like and people are looking forward to meeting up again.  I won't be able to go for the next few weeks anyway.  Note to self: remember to book them as holidays!

Well, it seems to be drizzling again so I'd better get to the freezer in the shed and bring in what I need for today before it really starts.  Have a great day and stay safe.  xx


8 comments:

  1. Good to hear that you're feeling better after the vaccine. The reaction you had sounds very like my own experience - I was told it shows that your immune system is doing its job!

    Belated birthday wishes to Alex and hope you all enjoy the celebrations later on. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, that's good. Worth the aches, dafinitely.
      Thanks - I've just made the sauce and will put it all together then the chicken has thawed out. It can slowly cook while I'm Zooming at SW> :-)
      xx

      Delete
  2. I suggest ravelry.com for knitting and crochet patterns. It's free to join and there are all sorts of ways you can search for what you want in a pattern and many free ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip Ruth. I had fun rummaging through all my old patterns this afternoon and found loads of children's patterns.
      xx

      Delete
  3. We were told lots of water and lots of movement...worked for most of us...have a fun trip. We still are not traveling much here...at least my family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations I expect you feel as relieved as I did once I was fully vaccinated. However we are not out of the woods yet with the new Indian variant making an appearance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a relief, yes, although I won't be taking any risks whatsoever in the next months. It's not worth it.
      xx

      Delete