Thursday 31 May 2018

Thursday

 Good morning, everyone.
It's another misty, damp morning although I don't think we had any rain overnight.  Yesterday the sun came out around tea time but decided not to stay for long.  Maybe today he will come earlier and hang around for a while.

Yesterday was a very good day even if I didn't get to the allotment (again).  MUST do some today. 
I did do early morning swimming, housework and tuition and again, I pottered in my garden so I guess I didn't totally waste the day.

The swimming must be doing some good - yesterday I had another go and a 'half plank' which I've never been able to hold for more than a few seconds and you know what?  I managed about thirty seconds.  OK, it's not the full one and it wasn't long but it's a lot better, all the same.  Getting fitter!

For a while I have been doing the occasional survey/questionnaire thingy (Not YouGov, I do that as well) and yesterday I 'claimed' some points and got an online card valued at £30, good reward for ten minutes now and again.  I've never used a prepaid card online before so a new experience and I spent some of it on a silicone muffin tin so now, hopefully, my mini frittatas won't stick so badly!

So today . . . I have morning aqua and swimming and no tuition so absolutely no excuses, none whatsoever!   Unless it rains! 

Have a super day, whatever you have planned.

7 comments:

  1. I can barely swim, I'm not happy in the water, I won't go over the deep 'end' (for it's in the middle of the pool in our town, with too shallow ends) so what is a half plank? Is it like walking the plank, ha ha?
    Margaret P

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know the plank - where you support yourself on toes and lower arms, body straight and almost parallel to the ground. A half plank is from knees, not toes. I bet it's not called half plank really. And, like walking the plank, it is a killer! ;-)
    J x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for vising my blog, how can you say you've slowed down when you're swimming, have an allotment and attempting the 'plank'!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL - compared with teaching life, I most certainly have. It was on the go all the time, teaching, planning, marking, assessing, reporting, and other stuff that may or not have been useful but had to be done or we were in the dog house.
    I still have sleepless nights occasionally but they are no longer caused by worry!
    Retired life is fun! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reading your post again, it seems that the plank is to do with the allotment not the swimming!
    Oh, and by the way, I'm up at 5.15am! For once I've beaten you to it, ha ha! White rabbits, it's the 1st June now!
    Margaret P

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have re-read your comment above, and I still can't envisage the plank or half plank. I now presume this is swimming? I must be really think not to understand this!
    Margaret P

    ReplyDelete
  7. :-) It's neither allotment, nor swimming. I've found a video clip and will post it on the next entry!

    ReplyDelete