Tuesday 20 February 2018

Tuesday

Good morning, everyone.
It's raining again this morning after a pretty damp day yesterday too.However, it doesn't feel all that cold so that's good.

Yesterday felt pretty busy although it was good fun.  The young knitters at Knitter Knatter Club had worked quite hard over half term so there were quite a lot of tangles to sort out.  One young lady has started knitting squares for a doll's blanket and another has been learning single stitch cable (I suspect mum is a knitter).  Listening to their chat as they knit away was very amusing.
Then I helped in FS before coming home for tuition.

Today promises to be a quiet day so I will get on with planning, tidy up and sort out the guest room, which got just a bit disordered over Christmas, and do some knitting and maybe even some sewing.  At some point soon I MUST get on with the patchwork quilt cover.  I also want to work out a few more recipes that will fit with this medical diet I am now on.

It's coffee time now so I will stop rambling on and get myself into the kitchen.  Have a good day and stay dry!


4 comments:

  1. Good luck with the diet recipes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. Just when I think I have one, I find I can't because it doesn't fit. Ah, well, it's not for ever!
    J x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a knitter or a crafter by any stretch of the imagination, I can just about sew on a button which has come adrift, but I admire those who can knit, sew and do all manner of crafty things. Mind you, that doesn't mean I'm not crafty in other senses, ha ha!
    Now, I don't know whether you like reading books - and here I mean novels rather than how-to books - with a quilting theme, but I'm currently reading Tracy Chevalier's latest novel, The Last Runaway, and this has a lovely theme of quilting running through it. Anyway, just thought I'd mention it, Joy.
    What a lovely day it is - we've been to the Zoo (along with the world, his wife but thankfully, not their dog!)
    Margaret P
    www.margaretpowling.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't - it sounds nice though and I will look out for it. Thanks very much!
    It was dull and dismal here, sadly.
    J x

    ReplyDelete