Monday 19 February 2018

Monday

Good morning, everyone.  I hope you all had a very pleasant weekend with lots of the same sunshine we had around here.  It's wet underfoot now so we have obviously had some rain overnight so goodness knows what today will bring.
Have you heard or read the sensational headlines about the 'beast from the east'.  Apparently, there's some cold weather coming our way from the east but I'll believe it when I see it.  Like most of us, I'm fed up with these over the top weather warnings that hardly ever materialise.

It was such a lovely day I decided to change my sheets and got them washed, dried and ironed.  Sheets do iron so much better when they've been line dried, I find.  I finished my meal planning for this coming week as the liver shrinking diet starts today.  I mended some clothes and got on with mini-clothes for the doll.
All in all, a quietly productive day.

Today the children are back to school so I will be there for the knitting club and then staying to help out before tuition after school.  Back on the wagon again until the Easter holiday!

Have a super day, wherever you are and whatever you are doing.

2 comments:

  1. It makes me wonder, Joy, how we managed in the 1950s and 1960s when we didn't have these weather 'warnings, we simply had 'weather', ha ha! Indeed, in winter we expected bad weather, it was winter, after all! Sometimes, as happened once or twice in the 1950s, we had wonderfully hot weather in February. My parents and I had recently moved from Lancashire (well, in 1951) and they were unused to the milder climate of Torbay, and when they played golf one February, they got sunburnt as the sun was so strong! OK, that's rare even here in Devon, but it did happen.
    We changed the bed linen yesterday and it wasn't dry enough out of doors to hang them on the line so they were tumble dried, but only to damp-dry and husband then ironed them. So not only bed linen changed, but the laundry washed, dried and ironed and put away on the same day - almost unheard of in our household!
    Margaret P
    www.margaretpowling.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does feel good when it's all done, doesn't it. Well done you!
    J x

    ReplyDelete