Monday 13 October 2014

Monday

It's a jolly wet morning which seems likely to continue which is a bit of a pain because literacy this morning involves going out to 'collect' adjectives relating to autumn leaves - nice crisp crunchy ones, not damp, soggy ones.  Hmmmmmmmm . . .

Yesterday was a pleasant, if sleepy, day.  I made that second batch of soup and, in doing so, used my second Thermomix bowl for the very first time.  One soup was for lunch (and one portion for today's lunch at school) while the other is for the freezer for lunches for the rest of the week.  Very frugal it is too.  Home made soup with home made bread and home grown tomatoes for nibbles afterwards.  Lovely!

I got the little bootees finished.  Three cute pairs for a new born and I hope she likes them.  Because I haven't knitted for ages, my left hand ached like crazy yesterday but it is OK now.

Whatever the weather, I hope we all have a satisfying day today.

3 comments:

  1. Good luck with the leaves :) I have plenty of soggy ones!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mine are about to learn to swim, or at least paddle ..

    ReplyDelete
  3. < grin at Diane and Annabeth > I thanked the Lord for Google Images. It was a super lesson!

    ReplyDelete