Friday 11 November 2011

Friday

Quite a clear close up!


Playing around and photoshopping!
I have a new toy!  Well, not me personally, but me as teacher.  Today new digi cameras were distributed to us all!   And would you believe it, it's a Which 2011 best buy and the one I was seriously considering buying as a replacement for my faithful old Sony P7 which has done sterling work over the years but (like it's owner) is now showing its age.  I'm well pleased, as you may imagine, and lost no time in charging up the batteries and doing some tentative snapping.   It seems to take a good close up, something sadly lacking in the Sony, and the zoom looks OK too.  A shame the garden is rather drab and drear now or I'd be testing it with close ups of flowers.

Talking of drab and drear, my goodness, what dull day it has been today.  Fog all day, not thick but enough to make walking over to Morrisons a very damp experience.  It seems to have cleared now but it feels jolly cold.  Very November, that's a fact.  As the Thomas Hood poem, November, says:

No sun--no moon!
No morn--no noon!
No dawn--no dusk--no proper time of day--
No sky--no earthly view--
No distance looking blue--

It was just a bit like that today.

Oh, and the camera is a very pretty metallic blue, a bit like the blue in the bottom photo.  Nice.  :0)







No comments:

Post a Comment