Monday 28 November 2011

Any old iron . . .

. . . after unusually heavy use of my iron over the weekend, I realised that it just isn't working as well as it used to work.  It's not as hot and doesn't get the creases out as well.  Fair enough - as irons go this one is well into pensionable age and deserves honorable retirement.
So it was off to town to do various necessary things including banking some cheques.  I meandered into Debenhams to see what they had and bingo!  They had the iron I was looking for at half price.  I then remembered I had a gift card, given to me several years by the parents of my class at the time.  I had no idea how much was left on it but thought it was worth using it, even if it was only worth a little bit. 
To my delight it had more than I expected and so the iron only cost me £3.00 in total.  Not bad, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment