Wednesday 4 January 2023

Wednesday, 04-01-23

Good morning, everyone.  How is the week going for you?  I seem to have planned much and achieved very little.  

Yesterday started off sunny but by the time I was in Groove class, the rain had started and it didn't really stop all day.  It's still a bit drizzly so could go either way today.
Groove was great although it is surprising how quickly the fitness diminishes.  I need much more motivation when classes are not on, I really do.

For the rest of the day, I pottered and meandered and did this and that.  Not one of my better achievement days.  Maybe it sounds like an excuse, but I think I'm still a bit post-viral; it comes and goes and suddenly hits.  Does that make sense?

On to today.

The Twelve Days gift was this - a shampoo bar, again bought on holiday in Derbyshire.
I quite like shampoo bars, they seem to last ages and my current shampoo has nearly all used up so this is a timely gift.

Just two more gifts to go, two more not-surprises.  I know it is a very indulgent thing to do but I am definitely doing this next year.  The trick is to start early, wrap early and hope you forget what it is!  I had forgotten some but not the last two.  

I wonder about a theme - maybe a crafting theme? - next year.  Do you have ideas about this?


There's very little in the diary today.  I have Personal Training this afternoon and need to book a table at Robyn's Nest for tomorrow.  Chris and I usually just meet for coffee and chat, as you know, but we have had this planned for ages and it has never come off.  Even last week wasn't possible although perhaps that's just as well as the place was shut from before Christmas to today.  

I must also get all my recycling organised and out as tomorrow is the big, post-Christmas one for the black bin (normal stuff), glass/cans and card as well as the weekly food waste.  My card sack is full, as is the bottles and cans box.

It's a good opportunity to have a good sort out so please send get-it-done vibes this way!   :-)

Take care, stay warm and dry and all the best.  xx

18 comments:

  1. I'm the same, so many plans but no motivation to carry them out! No bin collection for us this week and my black bin is already full with 2 more weeks for it's collection! I think it's mostly the non recyclable packaging that's the issue xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm impressed with our rubbish collection service. Friday instead of Thursday last week and back to normal this week. Great service.

      Wishing us both motivation! :-) xx

      Delete
  2. Don't get me started on the recycling issues - our council must be one of the worst - there is no glass collection at all here so most of it ends up in the grey general waste bin. We collect ours then take it to the recycle point which is a car ride away - and the reason why many people just throw it in with the general waste.
    On your treats question - I think a theme might be a good idea - if you planned to make something crafty you could buy and wrap something for each day that would go towards the making of the final item. Or you could buy bits and pieces towards something like a foot pampering session at the end of the 12 days or even bits and bobs to take on a holiday with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, I like those ideas. I really must think carefully. After all, if I can crochet three and a bit granny squares each day for twenty four days (and sew in the ends), I can do something else crafty, can't I? Hmmm . . .

      Very annoying about your glass collection - lack of, I mean. Yes, I can understand why a lot never anywhere else but the inside of the bin. xx

      Delete
  3. I'm trying to sort out but lack motivation. I'm trying to get a little done each day. I like the idea of the crafty gifts to yourself. The shampoo bar sounds interesting. I've never used one but I can imagine they are especially useful when going on a trip somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are, and just really easy to use. You just need a container for it, which I have. xx

      Delete
  4. January is certainly a strange month for lots of us it feels, perhaps we all put a little too much pressure on ourselves and are still feeling exhausted post Christmas?
    I think your treats are great fun, I love shampoo bars and recently made a basic one myself which gave me such a buzz!
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You made one? Wow - was it much the same Process as 'hand' soap?

      You could be right about the pressure - good point. xx

      Delete
    2. It's possible to make a shampoo bar similar to a soap recipe but that sort doesn't suit all hair types. The one I made did have some synthetic detergent ingredients but no nasties and doesn't need a plastic bottle x
      Alison x

      Delete
    3. The lack of plastic is a biggie, isn't it? xx

      Delete
  5. We are very lucky as our bin collection is on a Tuesday, alternating each week with black bin and then one or other of the recycling bins. So everything was picked up on the normal day over the holidays and we didn't have to worry about missing a collection.
    Your 12 gifts is a brilliant idea and I think buying and wrapping VERY early this year ready for December would be good, then there's more chance of it being a surprise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I would have to count it as an 'essential' for my low spend, no spend month - or start it around April time, maybe?

      Collection varies so much around the country. I think ours is great but I know we're lucky. xx

      Delete
  6. Hope you start to feel 100% again soon, and doesn't the re-cycling stuff mount up, we seem to have more and more and we buy our fruit and veg in our little town so no packaging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does seem to, especially over these celebratory times. It's all out now and waiting to be taken. Another blessing of living in a first world country. xx

      Delete
  7. I have been using more and more of my homemade and free bags. Still we have lots of recycling. They pick it up here every two weeks so I make sure to break boxes down, and crush cans.

    I like the idea of a theme for your 12 days gifts.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really try (usually) to have minimal waste but it's hard. Like you, I flatten boxed but not cans - I read somewhere they don't want you to but I must check that again. xx

      Delete
  8. I am enjoying your 12 days of gifts thing. It's a neat idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gill. I am enjoying it and am definitely doing something similar again after next Christmas. xx

      Delete