Tuesday 9 August 2022

Tuesday

 Today's garden happy - three wee rosemary bushes, cuttings from the large rosemary bush that I had to have out as it was too big and woody for the space.  There are three so, at some point, I am going to have to decide which one to keep.  Three is too many!


Good morning, everyone.  For once, it is not sunny.  It's dull and misty.  However, the forecast is for bright sunshine, a gentle breeze and up to around 26C which sounds pretty perfect to me.

Yesterday, Sharon turned up as arranged and now my new style is just right!  I'm so very happy with it.  Beth said it looks 'chic' and, while I would never, ever describe myself as 'chic', I know what she means.  And I need so much less shampoo and conditioner too.

The car is now safely booked in for its MOT and annual service.  I hate the 'niggly' feeling when you know you have to get it done but don't get that proverbial 'round tuit'.  My tuit is now perfectly round!

Then it was on to Lathcoats and it wasn't worth looking for strawberries.  The few I found were shrivelled and dried up.  So I went to the shop and got some from there instead.  I also indulged in some more of their frozen cherries and some other fruit and veg.  Lovely!
I got the strawberries into jam sugar where they macerated all night.  They're ready for turning into jam this morning.

Apart from that, it was just chores, crochet, reading and generally chilling, as befits a retired lady.  😉
I've finished the major part of the blanket now and have started the border which, as always, is going to take a lot longer tghan one would think.  I've realised that there's one great big bloomin' error right along the middle so it's going to have to stay there now.  It's not that obvious (I hope) but it is definitely on my list of Things To Avoid when I make the real one.  Oooops.

Today starts with Groove aerobics but this week I am accessing it from home on the live link so I can take it at my pace and adapt without getting in the way of the others in what is a smaller space.  After that and freshening up, I will make the strawberry jam (must get out some jam jars!) and there's a bit of gardening to do, if it's not too hot, before I have yet another rather lazy day.

What's your day like - leisurely or loaded?  Have a good one, whichever it is, and be happy.  xx

13 comments:

  1. The heat warning starts again at midday according to the radio so best to get jobs done early I think.
    Hope the jam making goes well - avoiding wasps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point. The sun is just starting to break through here but it is still comfortably cool and lovely!
      The wasps can go and - er - get lost! :-)
      xx

      Delete
  2. Leisurely because of the heat - and I keep reminding myself that it's ok to slow up now and again - there'll be plenty of wet weather days when I can catch up with cleaning etc. I do love a bit of jam making but with a young pup around my feet this year I'm giving it a miss.....all that boiling sugar!
    Alison in Wales

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That does sound very wise indeed. I used to make loads and gave most of it to Mum and Dad but now they are no longer here, it's really just a token effort - for special occasions like next Saturday.
      xx

      Delete
  3. Audiologist appointment this morning. May be asking you some questions after it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll do my best to help but I guess everyone's experiences are going to be different. Ask away and if I can help, I will. xx

      Delete
  4. Home made strawberry jam can't be beaten, especially with scones and cream!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blanket has been coming on a treat this week Joy. It looks beautiful.
    Homemade strawberry jam just perfect in so many ways and much better than shop bought in my opinion.
    Hope the hip is feeling better now and you enjoy the rest of the week.
    Spent today catching up on posts after the techi issue I had.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome back. I saw on your blog that you've had internet issues - I'm very glad it has been sorted. The hip is much better, thanks.
      xx

      Delete
  6. Please post a picture of the finished blanket.

    Your rosemary is growing nicely.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I will, Jackie. I'm working on the border and when it's finished, I will take a snap. :-) xx

      Delete
  7. Oooh three Rosemarys are never too many, I just love it. I have two in the back and one in the front herb bath. The ones at the back are left to flower for the bees.

    ReplyDelete