Saturday 24 July 2021

Saturday

 Good morning, everyone.  Yesterday turned out a lot cooler and more pleasant and overnight I felt positively chilly when I woke to find the duvet on the floor!  Sitting here now, it is getting darker and darker and the rain has started.  It's cool and fresh and, apart from the rain, pleasant.

Yesterday morning went very much as planned.  Slimming World was great fun although a few regulars were away on holiday.  To my shock, I had lost two pounds.  I have no idea how, but this losing weight thing is a funny old business, never as simple as 2+2=4.

Then I drove on to Lindsey's where I loosened up the old calves and ankles on the cross trainer and the cycle before the massage.  Things are definitely more comfortable as the days go by although I am still being extremely careful.  The walking isn't quite right yet, there's no 'springiness', no power yet so we need to work on getting that back - carefully!  The cross trainer helps so much that we discussed one of those pedal things - Lindsey calls it an 'under desk cycle' which I can use while I'm sitting.  As it happens, another of her clients has one she doesn't need (she has another which she uses) so I'm hoping to but that off her.  I think it will help.

Finally I drove back into town, picked up my meds and came home.
That took all morning so breakfast turned into brunch!

In the afternoon, I had intended watering the allotment when the cleaners came but I had a bit of a crash.  Suddenly I felt really weary and lacking in energy which I guess is just a reaction to the last month or so.  A good snooze and I was fine again.  The allotment is getting a good watering now anyway!

Things are moving on in the garden.  There are blueberries and cucumbers to pick, more strawberries are coming on and . . . 

. . . almost enough sungolds for my lunchtime salad.  They will look very attractive halved and mixed with some red ones from the shop and the cucumber.

I'm so looking forward to being able to go out each morning, pick a bowlful and have some fried and on toast for breakfast.  So delicious!

Chris very kindly gave me a bag of redcurrants that she picked from her bushes in the garden.  They are in the freezer while I decide what to do with them.  I'm wondering about jam as there's enough for one pot or I might look up a recipe for blackcurrant cordial.  Or - I like this idea - blackcurrant vodka or gin. 

Today is a take it easy day.  There's some bedding to wash and I will bring the tumble dryer into service as outside drying ain't gonna happen!  I can catch up on my YouTube channels, do some menu planning, read and generally potter and chill.  That's the life!

Well, it's still raining and I need another coffee so I will stop and let you go.  Have a great day, whatever the weather, and stay dry, safe and happy.  xx


12 comments:

  1. I picked my first cherry tomatoes this morning and will add them to my brunch. It's quite exciting, isn't it?

    I like your thought process while trying to decide how best to use the redcurrants and how you ended up with the options involving alcohol. Have you decided on vodka or gin?

    I have one of those 'under desk' cycles. J passed it on to me (it used to be her Mum's but she didn't want it any more) and I find I use it more often than I do the exercise bike.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is so very exciting. Each year it's a new miracle.
    No, I haven't. The blackcurrants are in the freezer while I decide. :-)
    Interesting enough, the lady selling me her cycle has it because her mum, for whom she bought it, never got on with it and doesn't use it. I'm glad you use it.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely to have your own tomatoes from the garden, I have missed that moving house. We left a beautiful garden with veg ready to pick and fruit, and here is just weedy grass and hedging, quite upsets me, but we're working on it and cutting the grass twice a week to get it back under control.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll get there. It does take time, doesn't it - you can't rush a garden. xx

      Delete
  4. No rain here yet, think it will work it's way up from your way later.
    Have a good day with the pottering and chilling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's cleared up here a bit although I think more is due later. It's nice a fresh, that's the best thing. xx

      Delete
  5. Sounds like a very relaxing day. Send a bit of that rain this way please. The park,in front of my kitchen window,is looking decidedly scorched! What a difference from a month ago! Fresh tomatoes out of your own garden ... nothing better. Take care Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would if I could - hoping you get some very soon. xx

      Delete
  6. Hi Joy, Glad that the sessions are working out well with the trainer. Congratlations on losing weight. Hope your energy continues to improve.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Stephanie. I'm sure it will
      xx

      Delete
  7. Blackcurrant Gin gets my vote. Surely it's one of your five a day :)

    ReplyDelete