Friday 23 July 2021

Friday

 Good morning, everyone.  Yesterday was another warm and sunny day although, I think, less humid than Wednesday.  Today just looks like being nice and warm, around 21C, not too uncomfortably hot - lovely for sitting out in the garden with a cold drink and a good book.  The fine weather is due to break tomorrow which will be good for allotment and garden, especially allotment where watering cans can't replace a good rainfall.

I got myself into town before nine yesterday.  It was a toss up which car park to use so I decided not to use the multi-storey one because of the stairs.  I'm still not confident coming down stairs and nor are my calves!  The distance to walk was around the same really.
I went to Boots first to get my meds but they weren't there.  There was no record of them.  Boots advised me to go to the surgery to check.  OK.  On the way back, I stopped off at Timpson's as I have two watches that needed new batteries and one had a cracked face.  The bill came to more than the watches are worth but I like them and there was no other reason to throw them out.  They now have lifetime batteries so should see me out.

It took around fifteen minutes so while he was doing it, I went on the the bank and got the tax rebate cheque paid in.  Nice.

Then back to Timpson's to collect the watches and back to the car.  All in all, it was around a mile, not that far, but the furthest I have tried since I did whatever-it-was to my lower legs and I was delighted that they coped well.  I could feel it and the springiness is only coming back slowly, but they felt no worse at the end that at the start and we fine through the day.  I must do some more gentle walking, I think.

So I drove on the the surgery to ask about my meds.  They had no record either so I must have not completed my online request properly, silly me.  However, the receptionist was so very helpful.  I know that generally they get a bad press but she couldn't have been more kind, understanding and helpful.  They have arranged a one off to the chemist beside the surgery and from now on my meds will come to the pharmacy in Morrisons so no more need to trudge into town.  I really should have sorted that one out ages ago.
It was also good to see that the surgery is now open so if I ever need to I can pop down there.
So my silly mistake had positive benefits.

Then it was round to Chris' for a cold drink and a good old chat on her decking.  I do enjoy these chats so much.  We set the world to rights as friends do!

I waited until about five before going to the allotment by which time it was a bit cooler and fresher.  I only watered and picked some sweet peas for Chris.  Oh, and munched a few raspberries.  The new plants are supposed to be Autumn fruiting but I think I know what's happened - Autumn fruiting plants fruit on the same year's growth while the Spring/Summer ones fruit on the previous year's growth.  Because these canes are new in, they are actually fruiting on old growth which is what the bare canes were.  Next year it will be different because, in the early Spring, one cuts the canes right down and the new growth comes from under the soil.
Does that make sense?
What does make sense is that they are a most delicious berry, large and juice.  They are called Autumn Treasure.

Today is a busy morning and a relaxed afternoon.

First of all, it's Slimming World.  This week has been difficult, obviously, with all that was going on emotionally as well as in other ways, so I think I am looking at a gain but not to worry, these things happen, don't they?
Then I am straight off to Lindsey's for the second half hour of personal training.  This will consist of some time on the cross trainer and exercise bike to loosen up and strengthen the calf muscles, followed by some massage.  It really has helped so much and it's great that Lindsey is so flexible.
Once that's finished, I will pop to the surgery, park there, go to the next door chemist and get those meds.
Then it's home to get the place ready for my lovely cleaners before relaxing in the garden.
When the cleaners come, I like to get out of their way, so that's when I will do allotment watering duty.
I've also indulged in a Hello Fresh box for the weekend and beyond and that's due to come today, plus a small air-con type thingy which I will tell you about if it's any good.  The reviews are good but, sadly, you can't rely on them being genuine.

Well, it's been a right old ramble today without any photos to lighten the load.  If you made it to the end, well done!  Have a great day, stay cool and hydrated and safe.  xx

14 comments:

  1. I'm glad that we are not getting the huge heat that's in N. Ireland - sounds a bit too much.

    Have a good day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. Or the USA, for example. Most uncomfortable. xx

      Delete
  2. I am a little confused, but those raspberries sound delicious :)
    I'm glad you were able to set the world to rights - it can be very cathartic. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really can, even if it's a load of unrealistic rubbish really. It feels good.
      Sorry about the confusion < smile >
      xx

      Delete
  3. Nothing beats a good long chat with a friend. I chuckled when I read of your prescription mix up. I bet you aren't the only one that's ever done that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure. :-) I felt a bit silly but not to worry, I have the meds now.
      xx

      Delete
  4. It sounds like the problem with your calves and ankles is slowly improving which is great news, and must definitely be a relief to you. Well done on getting your prescription sorted out and many thanks to you and Chris for putting the world to rights for all of us 😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great relief. It's still stopping me doing things but not nearly as much as before.
      It was also9 a relief to get the meds. I don't ever cut it as fine as this time was.
      xx

      Delete
  5. Not sure it will make you feel any better, but prescription mix ups happen on both sides of the Pond. My prescription insurance mostly covers mail-in services...so not only do I have to worry about the mail-in pharmacy halfway across the country making errors, but postal delays, too. And in the US, the postal service is problematic. Though I think the pharmacy may have decided to switch to a delivery service as one of my prescriptions arrived by that method yesterday. It does seem that your initial mistake might have been for the best since you have sorted a new method for getting your prescriptions--one that is closer to home, I gather. Hope your weekend weather cools off and that you have a relaxing time of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I agree with you, it was a mix up that had a very positive result in that it gave me a kick up the backside to do something.
      xx

      Delete
  6. You kind of lost me with the fruit blooming on old growth but, no matter, I'm just so glad your plants are bearing delicious fruit! Sorry about the meds mix-up. As someone else said, these things happen everywhere and I'm glad you got it all sorted out. Have a lovely Friday and weekend ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry!! I'm no horticulturalist!
      You have a lovely weekend too. xx

      Delete
  7. My raspberries have been very productive this year after several years of little fruit - no idea why! Hope your legs continue to improve but don't overdo it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Raspberries are a lovely fruit, aren't they. Next doo has some canes that have escaper the other side of their fence and when I walk past, I usually have a few. (she does know!) Delicious
      xx

      Delete