Tuesday 17 November 2020

Tuesday

 Good morning, everyone.  

Yesterday passed as these lockdown days tend to pass.  Jeff came and gave the garden a haircut, bless him.  Dad and I had our chat.  It was not without some start up problems and Dad doesn't really know what he did to resolve them but never mind - we got there eventually.  He seems very well and is seeing people - all in a safe and socially distanced way, of course.

We discussed my visits and decided that it is highly unlikely that I will be able to resume going there at the beginning of December;  Whatever replaces lockdown 2 is going to be pretty restrictive and fair enough.  From my point of view, it looks as if Christmas Tree Day will be as planned, the first Saturday or Sunday in December.

I've nearly finished the owls of the cross stitch which tells you how much other stuff, such as housework, I have (not) been doing, I guess.  There's still the outlining and the letters to do but it's looking really nice, it's keeping my fingers away from nibbles (have to keep them clean) and I'm really enjoying it.

However, I did get some washing done.  Just one load because of drying inside although there's an overnight wash waiting for me to do the necessary - the dry things into the ironing basket and the wet things onto the drying rack.  It's just too gloomy and damp to dry anything outside right now.

Today the diary is bank.  No chats, no visits.  I think I will do some early morning 'essential' shopping at B&M before coming home to do some ironing, some clearing and - guess what - some cross stitch!  A nice, simple, undemanding day.
Hope yours is good too.  Be safe.  xx

9 comments:

  1. As you say a nice uncomplicated day. I hope to achieve that too today :-) My plan is ( I have informed Sr P) to fill my backpack with a few essential things get out of here by 11am and walk,walk and walk.. no planned destination. Sit down somewhere nice and crochet....and walk some more. I need to disconnect from house work,planning meals and cooking. It seems I have been allotted the full housewife role since I retired and it is plain boring!! I do look forward to seeing your Owls crossstitch completed. Keep well Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your plans. Have a gorgeous and satisfying walk.
      Full 'housewife' role is not great. Resist!!!!
      xx

      Delete
  2. I started a small Christmas Cross Stitch but keep preferring to do the puzzle pages from the Local Paper that my sister gave me so not getting on with it - Christmas 2021 perhaps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only if you want to. Leisure for pleasure, after all! :-)
      xx

      Delete
  3. I slightly envious of your blank diary today. Enjoy your cross stitching. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am afraid I cheat and use the dryer in the winter. I just don't have the room to dry all laundry downstairs.

    I hope you show us all a picture of your stitching.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do for some things but not for others. Never for T shirts, for example, after some shrinkages.
      I will, when it's finished. I'm on the lettering now and still have to do the outlining.
      xx

      Delete
  5. I have been a herpes carrier for 2 years and I tried every possible means of curing but all of no useful until I saw a health promotion on a herbalist from West Africa who prepares herbal medicines to cure all sorts of diseases including #HSV and many others sickness but look at me today am very much happy and healthy, I'm telling you today don't lose hope keep trying God is with you, If you needs Dr.Chala help contact him on his email dr.chalaherbalhome@gmail.com or you can visit his website on http://drchalaherbalhome.godaddysites.com or https://mywa.link/dr.chalaherbalhome

    ReplyDelete