Thursday 5 November 2020

Thursday

 Good morning.  It's another cold one with a frost and a mistiness to the air, just like the Bonfire Nights I remember from my childhood.  Those were the days when firework danger was not really recognised and me and my brother sat for hours with our collection of fireworks on the table, writing out the order list for Dad for the evening while Mum concocted toffee apples, sausage rolls and cake.

It was a beautiful day round here yesterday.  Well to wall sunshine all day which was cheerful, even if it wasn't all that warm.

The chat with Val was great and we've set a date and time for next week.  Everyone her end is well although, as a head teacher, her daughter is worked off her feet right now.  However, she is, like her mum, very grounded, sensible, practical and hard working so I guess it could be worse.  Val helps where she can.

Lindsey changed the time of my personal training to later in the afternoon which actually suits me better although it's not a time she can usually make.  It might be the last time I go to that house because now we are in Lockdown, of course, and Lindsey and family are supposed to be moving house some time this month.  Whether that will actually happen is in the lap of the gods, of course.  There's many a slip in moving house and Covid 19 is just one of them.  We will see.
She's not moving far, thankfully, so personal training will continue.

This week it went really well, much to my relief.  A fortnight ago, at training, I felt very lethargic and lacking in stamina and asked to stop before the end of the session.  I felt a right wimp!  The following week, last week, I cancelled because I wasn't well, so maybe I had been incubating something the week before.
All I can say now is that is wasn't The Virus.  Phew
So I was glad this week's session went well.

Next week we are back on line, using my small collection of equipment.  I have a step, a big balance ball, some weights, resistance bands and a wobble board and Lindsey will put together a programme using those instead of he studio equipment.  

Today is quite busy.  After a chat with Chris at ten, I will scuttle down to the garage and start moving stuff around.  It's not a complicated job as everything is organised and pretty tidy.  The aim is to make space for the two shelving units Beth and I plan to put together this afternoon - or rather, to clear the space where they are going to go so we can carry them down and put them straight there.  All the things still on the ground can then go onto the shelves apart from a few items that are going to stay on the ground - the big bag holding the Christmas tree and three stacking boxes with the other Christmas stuff in them.

It's really nice to start seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

I must remember to weigh this afternoon as it's the first SW lockdown Zoom meeting early this evening.  They've got their act together very quickly this time.  Last time, I weighed  at the usual optimum (or maybe I mean minimum) time - first thing, after the loo and before coffee with nowt on.  This time I'm being realistic and my weigh ins will be half way through the afternoon, dressed and with shoes on, just like it would be at f2f group.

So that's today.  Busy but very pleasant.  Hopefully, your day will be a good one too, whatever you have planned.
Keep well and be safe.  xx

9 comments:

  1. 2 days of sunshine are a treat after all the grey.
    Have a good day - hope your shoes are not too heavy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They won't be . . . :-) They are the shoes I wear for the real weigh ins.
      xx

      Delete
  2. Lovely sunshine here too, although it was a really hard frost and very cold when I took Betty out at 07.45. I wouldn't dare weigh myself fully clothed and with shoes...but I suppose it's all relative, if that's how one normally weighs then a loss will still register! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, no loss this time but not such a bad gain, given the last fortnight. I think I've got away lightly to be honest. Jen wants the results by ,unch time so I weighed after breakfast.
      xx

      Delete
  3. Sounds as though you have a productive day planned, I seem to have lost the plot diet wise, the only thing to do is stop ordering ice cream as I can't go a day without my 'fix' but in this lock down we need to have some daily plans in place!! So that's the plan...erum??

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a beautiful sunny and warm day here. Perfect for pottering in the veggie plot and making big plans for next year's growing season

    ReplyDelete
  5. You must be nearing the end of your garage sorting/tidying. I bet it's made you feel good and great that it'll likely be completed before the really cold weather starts. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You sound like you're doing really well. It's great that you are getting your training in; exercise makes such a difference in our mood. I took a long bike ride on the bike path with Lula today. It was marvelous.

    ReplyDelete