Friday 20 November 2020

Friday

 Good morning, everyone.  It's a chilly Friday morning and there's a frost.  As the kettle boiled for my coffee, I watched Jenni next door scraping her car and was very glad that's no longer part of my life!  Perhaps it means we will have a clear and sunny day - hope so anyway.

Dad had a lovely birthday, I gather.  Lots of good wishes via email, cards and pressies (but my card hadn't arrived, boo to British Mail) and a bottle of Scottish gin from my brother, John, which Dad made inroads into before dinner!
Thanks for the good wishes in your comments yesterday.

Everything went well yesterday.  Chris and I had a very good chat about this, that and t'other, even though we've neither done anything particularly much.  The weekly chat is important to me now and, I think, maybe to Chris too.

Lindsey worked me hard, as usual.  Well, hard for me but although I am loads fitter than I used to be, I'm not that fit really so my hard work is another's gentle stroll in the local park, I strongly suspect. We are noticing that my balance is improving though - it's never been great, partly because of wonky ankles and, we think, partly as a side effect of dodgy hearing.  She's given me things to work on this week so I will be a Good Girl and do my homework.

Then it was round to Beth's for coffee and a really good chat/discussion about all things family Christmas related.  We sorted out Christmas Tree Day arrangements, we sorted out Christmas meal menus, presents, organisations - oh, we had a lovely chat!

Zoom Slimming World was also great fun.  I'm so happy that I'm back in my 'zone' again after gaining weight during and after my holiday.  One is 'allowed' to be three pounds above/below ones target weight to stay as a non paying member so I'm glad in that way too but the main gladness is because I can do it and have done it!  

Today I have (surprise!!) a chat scheduled, with Jackie this time.  The only other thing in the diary is 'check ingredients for Christmas pudding' so I can do that and then I must do a general clear up and sort out so the cleaners have a clear run.  One week they do upstairs and downstairs and the following week the do just downstairs only and give it a more thorough clean, including windows.  This week is just downstairs so I will disappear upstairs with kindle, tablet and stitching for an hour of enjoyment (or I might just have a snooze!).

Better get going then.  I'm late already.  Have a super day and stay safe and well.  xx


Edit:  I've remembered I've been invited to a Zoom Thermomix Christmas Cookery Class this evening with voluntary contribution to Age Concern.  I'm definitely going to that and am really looking forward to it.  I'm not sure if Leonie reads this - I expect not - but, just in case, thanks for inviting me.  :-)

I'm wondering if Zoom-type things are the way to go, even when things are easier and we can mix again.  It's much easier than driving to a venue and I tend to hear much more the Zoom route.

9 comments:

  1. That zoom Christmas cookery class sounds interesting, enjoy and lets know how it went.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will, I'm looking forward. Leonie and her mates do good demos - I've been to several of their live ones over the years.
      xx

      Delete
  2. I'm with you on the idea of using Zoom for meetings even after the pandemic is over! It is so much more convenient. For introverts like me, it works very well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly how I feel, Debbie. I'm much more included.
      xx

      Delete
  3. My Zoom experiences so fa have been rather underwhelming, probably because of the subject matter. People talking at once and then everyone silent - not nearly as comfortable as face-to-face conversations

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That does sound uncomfortable, I agree. I suppose it depends on the host and how it is managed. Last night, everyone was muted and needed to unmute before saying anything. Even the various demo people muted themselves when it wasn't their bit.
      xx

      Delete
  4. I have only used Zoom once and quite enjoyed it.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The chats I have are mostly on Messenger while the 'meetings' have mostly been Zoom. They are both sanity preservers as far as I'm concern. Plenty of contact with others although not necessarily the face to face kind.
      xx

      Delete
  5. I've participated in a couple of Zoom webinars. It's quite interesting. I'm not good around new people - I find it really stressful - so doing it online is certainly better for me lol

    ReplyDelete