Tuesday 19 November 2019

Tuesday

Good morning, everyone.  It really is a 'cold and frosty morning' at the moment, very shiversome indeed with more than just a touch of frost.  I'm glad I'm going nowhere.

The sad news is that the virus I was fighting last week (and thought I had defeated) has come back with a vengeance and I'm feeling proper yuck, as a friend says.  To be honest, I think it's just a cold - bunged up, sore throat, shivers and aches and a headache - but enough for me to cancel tuition yesterday and today and I'm staying in and feeling sorry for myself.  I used to rather resent the feeling of HAVING to go to work when feeling a bit rough, even if it was probably the best thing to keep going and now I don't have to any more, I can go on my own inclinations in the matter and at the moment it's saying stay in, stay warm, don't push it.

Poor old me, eh (imagine a mildly sarcastic/cynical tone of voice here, please).  At least it gives me a chance to get on with my knitting.  I was going great guns, finishing a cowl neck so quite a lot of knitting, cast off and was about to start sewing up when I realised I'd knitted the neck the wrong way around, darn it.  So I have to undo it and try again, being more careful this time.

Once that's finished, I have plenty more to do.  On the list is a jumper, a cardigan and a pair of socks.  The only one I can start today is the jumper as Val has the cardigan pattern and the sock pattern but I have the yarn all ready.
I really don't need any more jumpers or cardigans but there's a lot of pleasure in the making.

To that's today.  What are your plans?  xx

8 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you're again feeling unwell, Joy. Have a nice easy day being kind to yourself, and I hope you can shake it off once and for all. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely a time to hunker down and not spreading it any further! Happy knitting and hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stay in the warm and drink plenty of fluids and hopefully you'll feel better soon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you feel better soon. Stay warm and pamper yourself! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry you're not feeling well, Joy. Definitely stay in the warm and look after yourself - why risk making it worse if you don't have to? You earned it through all those 'must soldier on' years 😊

    ReplyDelete
  6. Feel better soon! Better to stay in and take it easy. That's what the body usually needs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you feel better soon, Joy! Giving your body rest is the perfect thing to do. I'm back from being with my sick family member and it is good to be home. She is doing much better I am happy to report.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, one and all.
    Debbie, I am very glad that your family member is recovering well. Thanks for letting me know.
    xx

    ReplyDelete