Monday 4 November 2019

Monday

Good morning, everyone.  It's still damp outside and feels a bit chilly but the forecast is for sunny intervals and a gentle breeze which is quite cheering.  I hope that's right.

Yesterday worked out well.  The kitchen got a good tidy up although it didn't last long, that being the nature of kitchens.  Never mind, at least things have been put away and there's more working surface space.

After lunch, we set to, Beth and I, and made cards.  Sorry, no photos.  We were busy and I just forgot.

Today is busy.
First of all the surveyor is coming around to measure up for the windows, etc.  I gather that should take a sizeable chunk of the morning. 

This afternoon, I am back granny-helping at school.  As I help out in Foundation Stage, I always leave it the first half term as they have enough to cope with settling in, etc.  I'm not sure what they'll want me to do but it'll be nice to see everyone again.

Following that I have tuition again as half term is over, so I need to do some prepping for that.

I had a text from Dave yesterday.  On Saturday he had an operation on his wrist so now he can't use his hand much for a while until things heal.  Anna has to be out this evening so he's coming round here for dinner.  I shall get a chicken and just roast it with roasties and some veg.  Nothing difficult and all easy to cut up.

So today is all go, one way and another.  It'll certainly keep me out of trouble anyway!
Have a good day, whatever you have planned.  xx

8 comments:

  1. Good luck with your busy day it is raining here and quite cold.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JUst drizzling here (I've just been to the freezer in ther shed) and it's very wet underfoot. Chilly too, as you say. Time to be thankful for central heating and the wherewithal to have it running, I think.

      Delete
  2. Enjoy your dinner companion tonight and hope the hand heals quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep forgetting to take photos for my Challenge blog too, it's annoying when I think I have and then there's nothing in the camera :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I resume lessons today too ... it's good to be back in the routine and to see the children. I hope you enjoy your time in the school today.

    Hope Dave recovers quickly from his op.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Eileen. I hope your lessons went well.
      xx

      Delete