Saturday 2 November 2019

Saturday

Good morning, everyone.  What a shame the weather has turned on us for a few days.  Yesterday was damp and drizzly and today looks like being wet and windy.  Well, it is November, I suppose!

Yesterday was a day of two halves.  In the morning I dropped Al off at the station and then popped off to Blake Farm.  In And Sew On I managed (I hope) to get what Beth wanted and then I popped into Sconch (the yarn shop) where I accidentally < cough > fell for a jumper pattern and some yarn .
My excuse is that I've pretty much finished the front and the back of what I'm currently making and NEED (yes I do) another project to work on after it's finished as it keeps my hands busy and off the food!
SO there!

When I got home, the cleaners had come early and nearly finished.   After lunch I say down and promptly fell asleep, waking a couple of hours later.  Oh, well, I must have needed it!

After a very early start today, I have a few plans, the main one being a trip to as local garden centre Christmas open weekend.  There's a free coffee in it for me plus £5 off if I spend £25.  I can't guarantee the latter but the former is pretty much a given!  In the bumph accompanying the invite, there's an ad for 'festive door mats' that are so cheap that they can't be all that great but they don't need to be really!  Also some novelty hats.  I'm sorely tempted but will see exactly what they look like in real life.  Yes, I know, not terribly frugal or sensible but I get worse about Christmas as I get older!

The other thing, much bigger, is that I'm on the hunt for a 'quality' artificial tree to replace the current one that is very, very old now and every year it loses another few 'twigs' and loads of 'needles' to the extent that it's starting to look increasingly threadbare.

Later on, Beth is round and we're making more cards as the last lot sold pretty well a fortnight ago.
I need to do a small food shop too.

And I'll probably fall asleep at some point, making up for such an early start to the day!

Have a good 'un, everyone.  xx


Later edit:  I managed to get back to sleep and slept until hearly half past eight - phew!

12 comments:

  1. I too have been up since the early hours buy have made a start on a corned-beef hash for lunch as I will be otherwise occupied. Enjoy the garden centre

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love corned beef hash. Mmmmm.
      Enjoy the rugby.
      xx

      Delete
  2. The storm kept me awake most of the night so I'm sure that I'll be sleeping during the day as well. Good luck on your Christmas tree hunt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think we had a storm round here but how would I know! There are some really nice artificial trees around so my fingers are crossed.
      xx

      Delete
  3. If we had a storm here I slept through it - like a log. Is it Wyevale you go to with the offers - ours has gone now so I no longer get all the offers and vouchers - they have sold all their northern stores, we are left with Dobies (even more expensive) and the British Garden centres who don't seem to have any offers.
    Don't forget to take a photo of your cards.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, not Wyvale, it's a place called Abercorns. It's actually right opposite Lathcoats, a farm shop so I think I will go there too and get some apples. They have loads of apple trees of all types.
      xx

      Delete
  4. "And Sew On" - that's clever. At first I couldn't figure out "In And Sew On" but now I get it. We get lots of different types of apples in the grocery stores and often they are on special. Last week it was Galas and this week it's Ambrosias. They are huge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooops - I've got so used to the name that it doesn't seem odd but in that context it wasn't clear, was it?
      I love galas but have never come across Ambrosias - nice name!
      xx

      Delete
  5. IN 2006 and 2008 I traveled to England as a group of,Shakespeare teachers-government grant. I had already lived a month in Washongton DC studying at the Folgers Shakespeare Library 1996 and one month in 2002 with Shakespeare and Company in Massachusetts. All grants!! I became a teacher 1994 and got Masters a Degree 2007-almost 60 by then. Anyway we based in London-spent days in S upon Avon-to Oxford etc. I loved every minute-Anne Hathaway home and others. London fantastic! People so so nice. We did everything including on the second trip The Eye with special loading and no wait-pay little extra. Love the Globe! Since my favorite city is NYC, the crowds don't bother me and are not as bad in London. Helpful people-kind bus drivers and taxis drivers. Wish I could go back but health... One grand girl is studying in England next semester. She did Greece a week and Italy a month his year studying. She is on scholarships etc. nana lives on fixed income and will simply remember those days in England!!! I love love your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much. It sounds like you have lived an interesting life and well done for continuing to study and gain some great qualifications!
      I've never seen anything actually in the Globe, but I have visited the Sam Wannamaker theatre which is under the same roof as the Globe - not that the Globe has a roof, of course!
      A friend volunteers at the Globe and she says it is brilliant.
      xx

      Delete
  6. As a vegetarian they were so accommodating to me also!!

    ReplyDelete