Wednesday 19 December 2018

Wednesday

Good morning, everyone.  It's Wednesday and where is the time going?  Just as I want it to slow down, it's accelerating away!    I suppose that's what being busy does.

I did OK yesterday.  I went out and did all the things I needed to do - picked up a prescription, collected a parcel and at Hobbycraft I bought some little jewellery links.  For years I have had this yearning for bauble earrings but my once peirced ears have long since closed up and I used to find clip-ons too uncomfortable.  However, at our girls' meal last week, the others said that clip-ons are much improved, adjustable and why not give them a go so I did.  I ordered some from Amazon and then realised I needed something to attach the baubles to the clips, hence the visit to Hobbycraft where I found just what I needed.

As a result, I now have some bauble earrings.  I suppose it's the Christmas equivalent of wearing purple!  It makes me happy!

Later on, Beth came round and made a mess doing some more sewing (fear not, she always tidies up properly when she's finished) while I covered some boxes with Christmas paper for gift hampers.
She's made me some bunting to hang at my living room windows - two French windows and a smaller one - and it looks great.  So nice to have it custom made for different sized windows.
Apologies for the poor light - the colour is better than it appears in the photos - much more intense.




Today the list is shorted but maybe the tasks will take longer.  I need to get the spare room ready, do my online cards, write a report for the governors and go to Carols by Candlelight at school.  Also to finish my shopping list for an early morning shop tomorrow - I'm shopping for two households so it's a bit complicated.

I'm not really doing 'real' cards this year but will be sending a donation to charity, probably Crisis.  I know an ecard isn't something you can put up but I love the Jacquie Lawson cards and I know they give much pleasure as well as being better for the rainforest as the saying goes.

Did anyone see Howard Goodall's 'The truth about Christmas carols' yesterday evening?  I'm glad I recorded it so I can watch it again another time.  I thought it interesting, although an hour really wasn't long enough for me and just scratched the surface.


Anyway, here's my Advent offering for today.  Another favourite:  The Three Kings by Peter Cornelius, beautifully sung by King's College Choir.  I love the way the melody and the chorale weave in and out of each other and the ending is just fantastic.
Enjoy!



7 comments:

  1. I love your festive bunting - well done to Beth. She could start a business doing tailor made bunting from house to house!
    Missed the Carol program but no doubt will be repeated. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Undoubtedly it will - next Christmas, for sure. I'll let Beth know your kind comments. Thank you.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the bunting too. I made some for our fire surround a few years ago and I like how it brightens the beautiful wood. I am on a Scandi theme this year so making miniature devorations for my tree made from fencing planks. Looking forward to seeing the earrings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I missed the carol programme so am hoping I can watch it later today on iPlayer.

    The bunting is lovely ... well done to Beth.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll let her know, thanks, Catriona and Eileen.
    How lovely to make your own wooden decorations.

    Eileen, I'll be interested in what you thought of it.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the name of that carol programme,I didn't know about it until someone mentioned it in comments yesterday and now I know the name I can watch on catch up.
    Have a good day

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm going to download that programme. Thanks for the heads up. Lovely bunting. I still do a bit of quilting and recognise some of the prints your daughter has used. Very pretty. I love the special ones with gold used.

    Yes have a good day

    ReplyDelete