Sunday 9 December 2018

Sunday

Good morning!  After quite pleasant weather yesterday, it appears to be raining again now; at least, there are droplets on the windows.  I'm not going out to check!

Well, the tree is up and decorated.   I had a very pleasant time with J, we chatted about all sorts of things as we baubled away and here's the result (with apologies for the light - and the bad taste - ho ho ho!)

(The mince pie was pretty good too)

I also took a photo of the wreath.
Its restraint contrasts nicely with the overkill of the tree.  :-)

When Christmas is over, I shall strip off all the decoration bits and keep the base ring.  You never know, maybe next year I shall have a go at making my own.  There must be tuitions things on the internet and I know places like Hobbycraft have all the embellishments a heart could wish for! 
You never know!

After J had gone, I did a bit of tidying and then sat down to knot.  I've nearly finished the nativity crib set I am making for a friend and am sewing it all up, a fiddly task that takes longer than one would think.  To my annoyance, I found I had made a mistake with the main part of the Joseph figure so have to make that again.  Never mind, it'll still all be ready for posting tomorrow.

Today, there's nothing in the diary (checking to make sure - no, there's nothing) so I have a free run with the knitting project.  Beth may pop round at some point bit that won't stop me knitting - or sewing up or stuffing or whatever.

I need to go shopping because I'm making some fudge in Thermione (my thermomix) and need the ingredients.  I have a splendid, trouble free recipe that really works and, of course, in Thermione I don't need to beat, mix, time, check, whatever as it does it all for me!  It's not for me, in case you are wondering, it's for gifts.  Honest!

My Advent offering today makes me laugh.  I wish I could find the original as you should be able to stop and start each character but all I can find is this, on Youtube.  It's still chuckly though.



Well, I'd better stop and make my second coffee of the day.  Have a good one, whatever you plan to do, and stay warm, dry and, as the great Dave Allen used to say, may your God go with you.




15 comments:

  1. Oh Joy, the tree is fab-u-lous! (as Craig Revel-Horwood would say). And so is the wreath, in its restrained-ness - and yes a total contrast to the tree. I'm glad you had such a good time doing the tree. I've not put our wreath on the front door yet, as we've had such terrible winds the past couple of days...the wreath would probably end up in the cows' field!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, that would never do!!! :-) Although my home is right next to countryside (one omre house and then country) and it can be blustery, I'm sheltered from the worst by the house next door so I think it should be OK.
    And thank you. :-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like the River-dance reindeer on the left!
    Wish I was sheltered from the wind - it's beginning to get Quite Annoying

    ReplyDelete
  4. The tree looks fabulous, Joy. So much gorgeous colour! And a lovely time spent with J, even more precious. I need to try and get my wreath sorted but the weather is too miserable to go foraging in the woods for some foliage, so it might have to wait for now. X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Sue and Jules. Constant wind cane be very wearing after a while, can't it, not to mention annoying! Good luck with the foliage hunt, Jules.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving the tree, I'm not usually keen on blue lights but with all the other colours it looks lovely and I really like the star topper!

    Beautiful wreath too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty! I have colourwd lights too. The grandchildren prefer them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Annabeth, I don't do 'blue' as a Christmas colour. To me it's too cold, even though it is stylish. But with the other colours it's just bright and cheerful, I think. I like the star too.

    Janipi, I agree, they're pretty. Also I find that, in a way, the twinkling is company in the evenings. A bit of movement and 'life'. It's nice.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving your tree! I'm finding I want more colour in my decorations this year. None of this 'tasteful' one colour themes for me ! Lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do have a colour theme although you'd never guess from the lights. It's red and gold with a bit of green. It shows more in the candles, etc.
    I just like bright colours at the darkest time of the year.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. It all looks lovely Joy. I especially love the wreath. If you got the recipe the young man is a bit irritating but the recipes are good.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks, Diane. I'll look at my messages. :-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your tree looks lovely and I know it was fun with your friend. I usually gussy up an old wreath for the next Christmas but didn’t put one on the front door this year. I have some lighted trees on either side of the door and like that look this year. I made some Christmas cookie dough yesterday and need to make some fudge, too. I’ll have to give it away quickly before I’m tempted to nibble any of it! Happy Sunday!
    Zenda

    ReplyDelete
  14. My theme is red, gold and green too, although I only have white lights. Your tree looks very jolly and I'm glad you enjoyed decorating it with your friend. Sometimes it's hard when traditions have to change but I've found over the last five years that it doesn't take long to start looking forward to the new ways.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks, Zenda. I love the idea of the lighted trees each side of the door - what a festive welcome. Cookie dough and fudge sound gread, especially an hour before dinner. :-)

    It was lovely, Eileen and you're right about traditions - not just doors closing but also doors opening.

    xx

    ReplyDelete