Wednesday 15 November 2017

Wednesday

Hooray!  Yesterday I really enjoyed eating for the first time in a fortnight.  When I first got home from hospital, I didn't feel hungry and didn't want to eat all that much, but yesterday was fine.  And still no gallbladder discomfort although things did go somewhat Purple Ronnie in the morning.  Once that settled, I felt great.

Tuition continues.  I had two sessions yesterday and it does feel nice to get back to it.  It's been three weeks, you see - half term week, then the week I was unwell and admitted and then last week 'recovering'.

Dinner was nice yesterday.  I got the recipe out of one of my low fat cookbooks and basically it was chicken with a limey-mint marinade.  Very delicious and one to remember for another time.
Tonight I want to try a lasagne with a topping of cottage cheese/quark.  It might work, it might be a horror-monstrosity but I will give it a go and see.  Watch this space!

Today I set out early to go to Broomfield for some more blood tests.  That particular department opens at 7:00 and I got there at just after then so parking was a doddle.  Even at that time there was about 20 mins waiting - people wanting to get to work, I guess.
It's the first time I have tried to park there for a very long time.  Since the last time, they've had a big rebuilding project and it's all considerably better now and much, much easier.  Now I've found my way around a bit I won't be so anxious next time.

Having done my duty, medically speaking, I have come home to a pile of ironing that really HAS to be done.  I will need to use the steam iron and I just hope there's some decent rubbish on the telly!
I'd better get started, hadn't I?


4 comments:

  1. Ta. I think I need it! :-)
    J x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joy - have fun with that ironing!

    I know you're not vegan/veggie but if you want some different ides for recipes that are low fat you might like to look at "Appetite for Reduction" by Isa Chandra Moskowitz. She put it together to have recipes to suit her PCOS - and I believe some of the dietary restrictions of that are similar to your own. Being vegan, it does have some odd ingredients occasionally, but it also has some recipes you wouldn't expect because there is no way to make the non-vegan equivalent low in fat...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many thanks. I will go and take a look. :-)
    J x

    ReplyDelete