Sunday 12 November 2017

Sunday

Good morning, everyone.  At half past six, it is just starting to lighten up fractionally and it feels chilly.  No frost though!
I find I'm sleeping later at the moment.  Waking after six is becoming the norm rather than waking between four and five and I'm not complaining.  I have the day free so don't need to get started all that early.

Life is slowly resuming normality.  After two 'uncomfortable' days, yesterday was much nicer.  I take the last antibiotic this morning.  All being well, tuition resumes tomorrow so I have a bit of planning to do for the two I did a fortnight ago before being unwell.

I won't miss the antibiotics, I have to say.  They are huge, like tombstones.  I don't usually have problems swallowing tablets but need great swigs of water to wash it down and even then it feels 'stuck' for a while.  Having them intravenously in hospital was a gentle stroll in the park in comparison - in fact, a couple of nights I fell asleep while it was going in!  And while I'm on the subject, aren't canulas clever?  They don't hurt unless they get knocked and can be removed in the twinkling of an eye.  They didn't have them last time I was in hospital which, admittedly, was just under 40 years ago.

I had a visit yesterday from my friend Jackie and her mum and after a while Lesley turned up to on her way to the shops.  It was so nice to have people to chat to and we had a good old natter about all sort of stuff.  I'm afraid in the afternoon I went to sleep!

Today is another gentle day.  Some planning, some washing and some ironing and this afternoon Beth is popping over for a while which is nice.  I even have biscuits to offer her.  I bought a small packet of shortbread biscuits for my visitors yesterday and, for the first time in ever, have not even been tempted to go at them.  It fact, the thought makes me feel a bit yurgh.  Interesting!

Talking of feeling yurgh, I think I pinned down what started the discomfort(it was just discomfort, nothing more) on Thursday - some banana pancakes that I made a while ago and froze.  I'm afraid the rest has now gone in the bin which goes very much against the grain but needed doing.

Time for coffee, I think, so I will shut up and get going.  Have a good day!


No comments:

Post a Comment