Tuesday 14 November 2017

Tuesday

Good morning, everyone.

I'm feeling very cheerful this morning for lots of reasons.

Firstly, yesterday was another pain free day and I really do think things are settling again.  Of course, I am not taking any risks, only gradually reintroducing certain things and I know I will need to stay very low fat probably for evermore, but the poached egg I had for breakfast did no damage at all and neither did the little bit of low fat soft cheese that I slipped into the fish pie for dinner.

I got down to the surgery, got an appointment that meant it was more sensible to wait there and saw a very pleasant GP who sorted stuff out, made referrals. wants me to have more blood tests (to re-check kidney and liver function which sounds pretty sensible) and booked me in for a twelve-hour-strapped-to-a-blood-pressure-monitor-test thingy (it does have a proper name which I am sure Diane will know).  I've also booked in for the flu jab and another jab I ought to have had before and can now make appointments online - cheers!

I've had another great night's sleep.  I'm not waking with a backache like I was and I do wonder whether it was a sign that things were rumbling on underneath, ready to flare up.  I don't know but maybe, and it's nice to wake up without feeling stiff and a bit achy.

I resumed tuition and it was great to get back to it.

So lots of reasons for being cheerful.  Fingers crossed that today works out just as well. 

5 comments:

  1. That all sounds very positive. Great that you got in to see your doctor so quickly and fingers crossed for good results from all the tests.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to hear that everything is settling and you are pain free. The surgery visit sounds a very positive experience, long may it continue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, it was positive. I think I got lucky. I've never 'seen' him before. I hung around for an hour but it was warm, I had a book and it didn't seem worth going back home and then turning out again. Also, parking is a bit of a premium around there and I had a slot!
    I shall go early tomorrow for the tests and the results should be back by Monday.
    J x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pleased to hear that things are going to plan sound like a 10,000-mile service was needed

    ReplyDelete