Friday 27 October 2017

Happies.

A while ago I waffled on about posting my weekly Facebook Happies in here and then I forgot!  Not this week though, so here they are, copied straight across.

Happies time! It's been another week when I need to look for happies but it's a good thing to do - Pollyanna-ish, I know, but I've always liked playing the Glad Game, one way or another.

So - here we go!

1. Happy Birthday to Beth for yesterday.

2. Some lovely family get togethers this past week. I love my family.

3. A new reclining chair after a long time in the planning and saving. The old one (third hand when I got it) has started shedding screws when I move it so can't have much time left! It'll take four weeks for the new one to come so will be well run in by Christmas..

4. A council that will pick up the old chair for about a fifth of what the shop would have charged! That's a lot of money saved.

5. Two new Bags for Life because I liked the pictures!!! After all, can we ever have too many shopping bags?

6. Early evenings and warm curtains. And it'll be even earlier on Sunday! I love these dark evenings because shutting them out by drawing the curtains gives me a warm, cosy, secure feeling.

7. Some gorgeously bright and sunny days this week, wall to wall sunshine and colourful leaves.

8. Another weekend before the end of half term. Teacher friends, have a lovely few days before getting back to it.

9. Some new recipes tried and enjoyed this week.

10. Runner beans (again). Dad planted some late ones and, because it has been such a warm Autumn, they have grown really well and we're still picking. There's no flowers now so they're nearly over but there's still a couple of meals-worths to go.



2 comments:

  1. I too like the dark evenings and that nice cosy feeling when the curtains are shut and you are warm inside.

    ReplyDelete