Friday 13 October 2017

Friday

Good morning!   I forgot to take in the washing yesterday evening so I'm thankful that it seems to have been a dry and pleasant night.  It was certainly a warm one that found me sleeping over the covers rather than under them until my toe cramped as it does now and again when it is cold.  Very annoying it is, extremely uncomfortable rather than painful and requiring me to walk around a bit until it wore off properly.

As a result, I am feeling quite weary at the moment but, dear me, isn't that one of the many plusses of retirement?  It doesn't matter and I can snooze later, if necessary.

Jules, the fish stew was lovely although I did my own thing with the vegetables.  I used onions, garlic and chilli from the very lazy range and smoked paprika.  I added peppers, peas. corn, courgette, some mini potatoes that came out of the garden potato growing bag and green beans.  I cut the fish into cubes.  Amounts were much reduced but it still made loads and I have another portion ready to be frozen, to which I can add another piece of fish.  It was jolly nice and very adaptable.  Worth doing, for sure.

Today I have to get things ready for the cleaners and do some ironing.  I'd also like to get ahead with the planning so that next week is easier.

So I'd better get started - after another coffee.  :-)

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Joy. I'm definitely going to try the recipe. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let us know how it went, won't you?
    J x

    ReplyDelete