Tuesday 20 September 2016

Tuesday

Good morning.  It's two thirds of the way through the month and I sit here typing while my guests sweetly slumber in the guest room upstairs, mentally planning today, especially dinner tonight.  It's lasagne which, as many of you will know, is not difficult but does take time as it has three 'stages'.  The first stage is done - that's the savoury mince/bolognaisey type bit.  The second stage is the cheese sauce and Thermione will make short work of that at some point.  Then it's the construction and the baking thereof, which will be done this evening!

Yesterday was good.  After a pretty busy morning, I was able to sit and iron until they arrived.  Dinner was good.  I think I overcooked the steaks a little bit but they didn't go tough (phew) and the peppercorn sauce went down a treat.

Today it looks very uncertain outside.  It might well rain and if it does there's no way we're going to Cressing Temple as most of it is outside and you have to walk from one barn to t'other.  It's not a problem as even if we don't get a chance to go this time, there is always next time.  Cressing Temple won't vanish.

Before we have to make that decision, I'm off into school until playtime and I am hoping to get the reading boxes finally sorted and listed.  There's only the last two stages to go and there aren't so many books so it should go fairly quickly.

Today's food.
B:  bran flakes with blueberries, apple (and toast for my guests too)
L:  Not sure but if we stay at home it will be ham, salad, fruit
D:  Lasagne, salad; apple crumble with custard or cream.

2 comments:

  1. I've been sorting the reading books out in y2 too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Takes for ever, doesn't it? I still have one and a half boxes still to do - that will be next week's task, I guess.
    J x

    ReplyDelete