Wednesday 13 August 2014

Wednesday

Half way through the week and I feel I have actually achieved something this week.  After a second day in school all the planning is done and I have two completely tidy cupboards.  That means totally tidy, not just looking tidy, with what seemed like millions of old resource sheets and out of date information sheets chucked out and the files newly labelled to match this year's curriculum.  Excellent stuff.
(You should see the recycling sack!)

As a result, I was very tired by the time I got home and knee and ankle were aching badly so it was ho for an early night!  That's why I am up stupidly early this morning which is more than a bit of a drag.  I shall be tired this afternoon but never mind, I hadn't planned to go into school anyway, not today.  I'll be in again tomorrow (with Alex in tow)and I think I will be accelerating towards tidiness and all round readiness very soon.  Next week is more or less all taken up with stuff but the following week, the last week of the holiday, is more or less clear and I intend to spend as much time as is required in school so that I am totally ready on September 1st.

One thing that I am rapidly coming to appreciate is the greater independence of Y2 aged children.  For example, I don't need to faff with making individual labels for their books.  I can prepare generic labels and they can write their own name on the label.  That will save me some time at the PC.

Anyway, enough rambling.  I have a friend coming round for coffee this morning and as the house is a right tip I need to do something about clearing and cleaning.  Not too much, as my lovely Lenka is round this Friday, but enough not to disgrace myself.  At least with this early awakening I have plenty of time!

5 comments:

  1. You're having a very busy 'holiday' there! Must be a lovely feeling of achievement from all your work :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. As you are still experiencing problems with your knee, several weeks later than the accident occurred? I'm becoming concerned that you have not had it checked out. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what they will say, Joan. They will say 'lose some weight' and that is what I intend to do. If it is still sore then, I will seek help. After all, I am asking it to carry quite a load and it was hurting before the slip on the stairs!
    Thanks, Chrissie, it does feel good and today feels like a bank holiday, not being in school, especially as I will be back in tomorrow.
    J x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Being in school is challenging at the best of times. Going in 'half crocked' is not recommended. At the very least pretty please find and use some sort of 'aid' be it knee strapping or whatever. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Strapping is a good idea and it does help a lot. I do have some but want to look for some wider stuff.
    Thanks, Joan - you are so caring.
    J x

    ReplyDelete