Friday 1 February 2013

Friday

How the weeks do roll round!  Another last day and it seems I've hardly had time to say 'phoneme grapheme correspondence' and the week is almost over.  Another weekend is only a blink away!

Yesterday was good.  In the morning I was at a SENCo meeting and in the afternoon I was at school.  My student, K, took the class just about all day (there was a supply in the morning who must have been delighted to find she had to do precious little direct teaching!) and she (K) rose to the occasion magnificently.  I bet she slept well though!

In the evening we had a 'thing' - a training sessions for parents to which we teachers were all expected.  It was about spelling and grammar and it was jolly good.  There was a lot of fun and laughter and I am sure the parents attending came away with a much clearer realisation of what their children are learning in this particular area.  As always, the ones who attended were, in the main, the ones who are already a superb support to their children and to the school, but one has to start somewhere.

By the time I got home, it was well past eight which made for a very long day.  I wasn't surprised to find myself ready for bed by just after nine and I slept solidly through the night.  Lovely!

Today, being Friday, is SEN day and I have a very long list of Things To Do, including paperwork, reports and observations.  It should keep me busy, that's for sure.  Then tonight I intend to do nothing except slob out in front of the TV and knit/crochet as the spirit leads.  Doesn't that sound good?

Talking of crochet, remember I ran out of yarn for the throw and Hobbycraft didn't have any more (boooo) so I went online and found some that way?  Well, I ordered on Sunday and it arrived on Wednesday, as also did some knitting patterns I ordered later on (waste of the second lot of postage, I know, but there you go!) I was impressed so have no hesitation in mentioning the name of www.deramores.com . They seem to have a fantastic stock and they do have special offers on sometimes.

After umming and ahing for a good couple of months or so, doing research, reading forums, asking questions, looking for recipes and saving many pennies I have booked a demonstration session for the Thermomix thingy.  It will be over half term so I have that to look forward to.  I've been in touch with the local rep who seemed very keen for me to have a demo 'party' and to invite three friends along but I very firmly declined.  First of all, I hate the idea of putting any kind of pressure on my friends and secondly, if I do buy the thing in the end (which seems likely right now) I will be spending enough to justify a private demo.  Anyway, the date is in the diary!

No comments:

Post a Comment