Tuesday, 28 July 2026

Tuesday, 28-07-26

Good morning, everyone.  Welcome to my Tuesday blog - a shorter one as not very much happened yesterday.

Starting with garden photos, of course.

One of the 'lost' dahlias - obviously not so lost after all!  It looks like the yellow one which, of course, won't go with the rest of the bed but not to worry.  Let's call it an accent wall plant!








And yay!  The big tomatoes are now playing ball.  I've picked a few and there are more nearly ready as you can see.  I'm approaching a glut scenario so will be making stuff for the freezer - things like passata, sauce, soup.  Some I skin, chop and freeze raw - it's fine for cooking with.
I love this time of the tomato season.

Circuits yesterday was lovely.
As it is the summer block, some people bring their older children who join in with great gusto.  Yesterday's bunch were just fantastic.
I wonder if there will be any youngsters at Groove today.

Apart from Groove, and the walk there and back, there's nothing in the diary but I have washing, etc, and there's always tidying, etc.

The bread I made yesterday did, indeed, do a super-rise.  It makes for a very light loaf.  So today I am trying the same thing (adding a bit of sourdough starter to the nix) with a 100% wholemeal (or wholegrain, anyway) rather than a mix.  That can be a bit heavy so fingers crossed it helps to lighten it a bit.  We will see.
Then I must stop because I will have enough frozen bread to last me pretty much through August!

Better get going and do stuff.  Have a lovely day, take care if you are in the sun and thanks for reading.  xx


2 comments:

  1. You are making enough bread to start your own business. Perhaps you could have a stall outside your front door, selling bread and tomatoes, and occasional bunches of flowers. You'd make a mint. 😉

    ReplyDelete
  2. We finally have proper rain this morning-hurray! Need to do a too up shop so will take the car. Catriona

    ReplyDelete