Thursday 9 May 2024

Thursday evening, 09-05-24

Evening, all.  It's been another beautifully sunny day - I'm really hoping this continues.

I had some time before SET began so I decided to change my sheets and turn the mattress.
Big mistake.
Ping said my back and ouch said me!!  No SET class and a lot of hobbling later, it is easing somewhat now and I'm not taking any pain killers, which is good.

I managed to get most of upstairs cleaned, certainty all the bits that show, but SET and gardening went by the board, sadly.  
Not to worry, I'm sure it will continue to ease off and be loads better tomorrow morning.

Before that happened, I went out into the garden and took a few photos because things are starting to look colourful and flowery.  Hope you like them.
And sweet dreams, one and all.  xx










14 comments:

  1. Ouch! Poor you. Hopefully your back will feel better after a good night's sleep.
    Lovely flowers in the garden and they look so much brighter when the sun shines.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do, don't they - they catch the sunshine. xx

      Delete
  2. Oh no! I hope you will be feeling much better by the morning. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is easing, thank you, Jules. Should be fine if I take it easy. xx

      Delete
  3. Hope your back is better tomorrow. What lovely flowers.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Much easier, thank you, Jackie.
      I love this time of year in my garden. Everything is so fresh. xx

      Delete
  4. Hope your back feels better.
    Beautiful photos of some beautiful flowers. They certainly made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sharon. Yes, it is easing off and now, Friday evening, it's just a dull ache and a few twinges. xx

      Delete
  5. Oh no, Joy - I know how easy it is for that to happen with a back. I've done it so many times myself. I hope it is better very soon. Pretty colours in your garden and lots of flowers on your strawberries. Take care my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. xxx
      It's a lot easier as the day passes, thank goodness. It'll be fine and I should sleep well tonight. xx

      Delete
  6. Take care with your back, I know what that's like.
    The photos are lovely x
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They can be very dodgy, can't they. I wasn't really doing anything - I mean, I have turned my mattress so many times before . . . Oh, well. That's life. xx

      Delete
  7. Glorious garden plants. Bad backs are a legacy from our former employment I’m sure. Take care. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could very well be right. All that bending over and sitting on those silly little Infant height chairs . . . Really not the best for backs. You take care too and thanks. xx

      Delete