Monday 6 May 2024

Monday evening, 06-05-24

Hi, everyone.  Hopefully back into a routine now, fingers crossed.

After an early night Saturday, I woke rather early but that was OK because I needed to wash my hair as well as getting a roast dinner prepped before popping off to Circuits.

Circuits was great.  Most of us were there and one lady had brought her three boys as well (they've come before) so it was good fun.  I took over the bags with my donations for the pop up shop in a couple of weeks - I was glad to get them off my hands.

Once home and after breakfast, I got the dinner started and when Beth and Alex arrived, it was well on the way.  Doesn't the house smell good when a roast is in the oven!!

Beth and Alex helped me dismantle my old and very battered computer chair which is now in the bin and then we went online and on-phone and we now have a Center Parcs holiday booked for October.  Just a Monday to Friday - adding on the weekend made it horrendously expensive.  As is our wont, we paid the lot and I've sent my share over to Beth so that is all done and dusted.

I wasn't expecting the garden room furniture to come until later but while B and A were still here, there was a knock at the door and there it was, accompanied by two very obliging men who unpacked it all and took away all the packaging.
I had been so concerned that either it wasn't what I thought it would be - buying online can be a bit - er - unsure - or that I just didn't like it in reality but no, it was just exactly what I had hoped.


And here it all is, in situ.  The chair on the left is a rocker and the thing in the corner on the right is a foot stool but it will double as an extra seat, if needed.  And they are so comfortable.
I'm so pleased.

I rather think a circular mat might look nice, don't you?  And I 'need' some plain grey cushions . . .

Anyway, I have to move out the wooden chairs and little table and the floor is a state after this afternoon's activity so that's a chore for tomorrow.
So quite a good day, despite the rain and the fact that it felt like Sunday all day!

How did your Bank Holiday Monday go (if you had one, of course)?  xx

20 comments:

  1. Our daughter came for lunch today as her husband is in Portugal for the week playing golf. She left with enough salad and haloumi to make two more evening meals. Your furniture is gorgeous and fits perfectly-how about a bright summery colour for your cushions? Well done on booking a break together at Centre Parcs-something to look forward to in autumn. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't think of adding colour. That's a thought. I'll take a look round Homesense at some point. They always have fantastic cushions. Or the Range, maybe . . . xx

      Delete
  2. The furniture looks lovely and I like the clown on the chair - he looks very comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. May I introduce you to Doug. He was Mum's and she won him in a 'Name the gardener' competition. Dad didn't want him and I couldn't bear to lose him. I'm sure he is a Jean Greenhowe pattern.
      xx

      Delete
  3. Love the garden room furniture. I agree with Catriona, some bright summer coloured cushions would look fabulous. XXXXX Maureen in MO. (will only let me post as anonymous!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blogger has some really odd quirks.
      I will take a look round and see what there is. xx

      Delete
  4. Oh Joy, I really love your furniture, it's gorgeous, just what I'd choose myself. We've been steam train spotting today, then gardening. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sooze. I am so pleased with it all. Wouldn't it have been dreadful if I didn't like them in the flesh, so to speak. But I do, I love them, and I'm so looking forward to sitting out there in comfort.
      Train spotting sounds fun - steam trains, I think you said in your blog. Lovely. xx

      Delete
  5. Joy, your garden room furniture is lovely. Suits the area perfectly.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jackie. I'm delighted with them and so glad I decided to splash the cash. xx

      Delete
  6. How nice to have another holiday planned. The garden furniture looks so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - and aren't I a lucky bunny!! :-) xx

      Delete
  7. It all looks so tasteful and beautiful. Coffee/wine with friends would be lovely in there

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's pretty much exactly what Beth said lol
      It'll be great when I have friends round for lunch, won't it? xx

      Delete
  8. The room looks stunning and now it is somewhere you can really enjoy spending time in. The clown is the perfect touch and yes , it is a Jean Greenhowe creation. I made two of them when the children were little.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her creations are just so clever, aren't they? xx

      Delete
  9. Gorgeous furniture and I agree with the suggestions about adding a pop of colour with the cushions.
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For now, I have used a green cushion form Mum and Dad's. It does look nice but more toning than a pop of colour. I will give it a good think. xx

      Delete
  10. Oooh! The furniture looks lovely, Joy. And I think grey cushions would be nice but I think a contrast colour would look fabulous. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been pondering this one . . . xx

      Delete