Monday 7 November 2022

Monday

 Good morning, everyone.  After a pretty horrendous weekend of rain, this morning looks much nicer.  No sun (yet) but it's dry and calm.

A friend posted this on Facebook yesterday and it made me laugh so much I thought I'd post it here.  I know some of you will relate to it.


The blanket is still coming on and now it's pretty much full sized, it is keeping me beautifully warm as I work on it.  Between blankets and oodies, I won't be cold this winter, that's for sure.






I was very pleased to hear back from the owners of the cottage I would rather like to rent next year.  They won't be opening bookings for next year until the New Year and are currently re-assessing their prices in the light of the whole cost of living thing.  That's fair enough, I will get back to them in January.  Depending on the cost, I might take longer than a week - we will see.  And that will be that for next year as far as longer breaks are concerned.

Today will be nice, I think.  I'm off into school first thing to meet with Heather, the clerk to the governing body, to get some paperwork sorted out including the all important DBS.  Then it's home for breakfast before circuits.
After that, the day is my own but I have some ironing that really does need doing.

And that's about it really.  Take care and I hope your day goes really well.  xx

20 comments:

  1. It really was a wet weekend here too, either drizzle or pouring.
    Hope your day goes well today

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sue. Sadly, it is clouding over here so fingers crossed . . . xx

      Delete
  2. Haha, rings a bell ....! I've pinched the knitting joke! Weather down here is dire!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good, isn't it? And how true!
      It's raining again here too - dire!
      xx

      Delete
  3. The knitting joke is brilliant ... and could equally be applied to reading and piles of books. :-)
    Planning a holiday for next year is a good way to spend a little time in these short days isn't it, how nice that they got back to you. I'm not surprised that the prices will be going up, they will be everywhere and for everything. Someone complained on a National Trust Facebook post that their prices for next years cottage holidays have doubled, but they just have to go up the cost of everything has.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was really happy that they are still renting. It's such a nice little cottage, close to the National Park but not National Park prices. Yes, everything is going up - it has to. xx

      Delete
  4. Brilliant knitting cartoon
    Dull day here but I suppose it'll be filling up the reservoirs at least
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. They said we would need an awful lot of rain after such a dry, hot summer. xx

      Delete
  5. Love the cartoon. I will have lots of wool left over when I finish my blanket at the end of the year :-)
    Hopefully you will be able to book the cottage for next year as soon as they have decided on new prices. It will be good to go back to somewhere you have enjoyed before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be, yes. I was disappointed when they didn't get straight back in touch. I guess because they haven't opened bookings, they aren't checking the mailbox.
      What are you planning to do with your yarn?
      xx

      Delete
    2. I'm not sure about the yarn yet so I will have to do a mind rummage for a new project next year. There will certainly be a large stash left over especially in certain colours.

      Delete
  6. Best of luck on the cottage. I know what you mean about yarn...I have a closet full that was given to me. I love it. I can always knit something and am set with yarn for my retirement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How lovely - such a good and useful gift. xx

      Delete
  7. I think I could knit for 20 years or more on the yarn I have collected over the years.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know people would understand. I'm lower on the DK now but far from running out. As for 4ply and chunky/aran. Ooops! xx

      Delete
  8. Thank you for the laugh! I am actually (gasp) getting rid of some of my craft supplies including yarn. I have so much I could be crafting until I am 100 and still have plenty left over!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The weather was just miserable yesterday. The cartoon made me chuckle. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was and today (Tuesday) isn't that much better really. Some very heavy showers. xx

      Delete