Thursday 25 February 2021

Thursday

 Good morning, everyone!  First of all, thank you very much for your lovely comments on yesterday's post.  I'm glad people find the allotments stuff interesting/OK to read/etc.  I'm the first to admit that when it all starts and then through the summer I do go on a bit because it's an important part of my life and it gives me great joy to dig and plant and see delicious food appearing.  Even more , the eating thereof is great!!  :-)

It was a good day yesterday.

The funeral was lovely.  I was there as a Zoom attender with some others from the Thursday SW groups and I'm glad I was.  It provides some sort of closure.  P was a lovely, gentle man and my heart goes out to his family.  He was too young to be 'taken'.

Lindsey (personal trainer) had some good news to cheer me up.  She and her husband have been in the process of selling their house since November.  They got a buyer, found their perfect property and were expecting to move early January and then it all stalled.  Not far off two months later, they are hoping to exchange contract tomorrow and my fingers are well and truly crossed for this to happen.
It's a lovely property, the new house; Lindsey had a little gym in their converted attic which was great but this new house has a separate building that can be used as a much larger and wider ranging gym/centre and she should be able to expand her business considerably once it all gets going.
Personal Training was as good as it always is.  She makes me work, I get a great workout and we have a good natter at the same time.  Can't lose.  I am so glad I made that initial decision to try this out about a year and a half ago.

Zoom was really earning its keep yesterday - I then had my chat with Val and it was fun.  Plenty to chatter about and we both decided that as soon as possible, weather permitting, we would meet outside again for these chats.  When it wasn't possible, we would continue to Zoom-chat.  There are some things about this last year that I am glad about and one of them is using Zoom.  It's been a blessing.

Then, last organised thing of the day, I set off for my vaccination.
I got lucky there.  Arriving a few minutes before my time block, I was able to go straight in, answer some questions, go straight along to the room allocated to my surgery, have the jab pretty much straight away and I was out again five minutes after my arrival time block finished.
The whole thing was very impressive with great organisation, very friendly and reassuring staff and volunteers and, despite a smallish space, it felt 'safe'.   Well done, NHS!

Acting both on advice and instinct, I've been on paracetamol since and I'll stay on it for today, just in case.  No problems yet apart from a slightly achey arm and, given that the other arm feels pretty similar, I'm putting that down to the personal training.  No headache, no aches, no shivers.   
Yet!  :-)

Having survived a busy day yesterday, today seems calm in comparison although there's still plenty to be getting on with.

First of all, I want to pop down to the allotment at around nine-ish and get that strimming done.  It's been bugging me that I left it unfinished.
Then I have to get back for a chat with Chris over the cul de sac.  She's another with whom I look forward to garden chats again when we can.  After all, she lives all of a twenty second walk away! 

That's the morning done and then I have a bit of a break so, assuming all is well, I shall return to the allotment and get on with some more digging.  I might also set out the supporting canes for the broad beans - where they are going to go, I mean.  I know that strictly speaking they don't need support for climbing, but this will just be a sort of rectangle around the outside to help when it gets windy.  Last year's broad beans were so delicious, I'm really looking forward to them.

Dad and I have agreed to have our delayed chat this afternoon.  There's plenty to catch up on and I'm looking forward to seeing him.  It's going to be a while before I can go up again for our weekends together so these chats are very special to me.

And then it is our SW Zoom meeting.  I'm looking forward to that.

Finally, I said this next was yesterday evening but I was wrong, it is this evening - a Thermomix demo, again on Zoom (bless its little cotton socks) from the local Thermomix 'consultants'.  These are always enjoyable so I will be cross of I had to miss it.  Any vaccine after effects can go and take a running jump!

It's another full day but the fullness is all good stuff so I'm looking forward to it all very much.  Have a lovely day too, whatever your plans are, and stay safe, well and happy.  xx

8 comments:

  1. There is nothing more pleasing than watching your veg grow so I am delighted for you. What a pleasure it is to see a newly weeded bed waiting for some seeds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I shall be envious of your allotment this summer as I doubt I'll get veg beds sorted in time to grow anything much this year

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess not, but it will give you the time to really plan how you want it to go long term. Next year will be a lot of fun, won't it? There must be some you can grow - runner beans, maybe, and tomatoes in pots.
      xx

      Delete
  3. Zoom has provided a real lifeline to so many, hasn't it? I think it's one aspect of lockdown that will continue in my own life as it's a way of staying in touch with friends who live too far away to visit regularly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad things went well with the jab and not too many after effects. Sounds like your allotment preparations are going well, ready for lots of lovely produce through the year. Happy sewing/planting x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'm glad I went down today and did some more work. It is satisfying.
      xx

      Delete