Tuesday 21 March 2017

Tuesday

Ooops, it seems that yesterday was the first day of spring, not today.  Well, all I can say is it seems much more spring-like this morning: the sun is shining and the skies are blue!  Yesterday was miserable for most of the day with some very heavy rain at times but then it cleared late afternoon and we had the most beautiful sunset.



I enjoyed yesterday.  It was the last Knitter Knatter of this term as next week is the last week and I fear there was more knatter than knitter about it all.  It will continue next term as it has been a quiet but resounding success.  No-one has dropped out and they all knit away furiously as the chat (usually).  They've made little containers and one girl has made a long, chunky scarf.  They have learned how to cast on and off and some can purl as well as knit.

After several efforts and prototypes, I have nearly perfected my pattern for a Barbie jumper with raglan sleeves.  I say 'nearly' because the one I made yesterday is right in every detail except that it was a bit of a struggle to get it over the head.  However, that's easily sorted.  The problem is, you can't really tell until it's finished and sewn up!
Once I have the basic design right, I can start making variations!

Yesterday morning I took a deep breath, bit the bullet and opened my wardrobe doors.  Everything came out, everything was looked at, sorted, dealt with and now I have a much smaller but more usable collection of clothes.  It's not perfect, far from it, and I need to get rational with things more, but there's a huge difference.
Then, on the way to school, I put some of the discarded clothes into the Salvation Army recycling bin and there's an armful of stuff for the Hospice Shop which I will take down there this morning.  I was sad about some things but there were two questions to ask - will I ever wear this again and do I actually want to wear this again (which are not the same thing at all!)?

I am still avoiding the cupboard under the stairs but I must be bold and brave and do something about it.  It is such wasted space at the moment.  I need to apply the same principles - will I ever use this again and do I want to ever use this again?
Wish me luck!

Today Beth is over so that means plenty of chit chat.  I have planning to prepare so we will both be busy.  Later on I have ironing that I've been putting off for a few days.  Unfortunately, it doesn't vanish when I do that so I need to grit my teeth and get going!

I got an email yesterday from the decorator who made such a good job of my bedroom.  I had asked him to quote for the living room, up the stairs and the landing, which he did and gave me a date which wasn't convenient.  It's not been set for the beginning of July which gives me time to clear some decks of junk because everything will need to be got out and put in the middle of the room on my gopak tables so he can move the furniture.  All I can say is that it'll be worth it when it's done - and to start saving!

The kettle has boiled and it's time for coffee so I will stop rambling and get going.  Have a good day, wherever you are and whatever you are doing and love to my friends who are struggling right now.

2 comments:

  1. What a glorious sunset! All we had was a mizzle, drizzle, frizzle hair day!! At least at the moment it's bright and sunny!

    Have you seen these? Something to drool over http://clevercloset.co.uk/under-stairs/



    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I want, I want . . . very clever.
    J x

    ReplyDelete