Monday 14 January 2013

Monday

No snow but it's flippin' cold outside right now.  Snow is forecast but I will believe it when I see it.  There's certainly no time now to create a snowday so it's just as well all the planning is in good order and all the resources are ready and waiting.

Yesterday I knitted a scarf.  Before you all utter a sarcastic 'wow', it was the one on size 20 needles with the very fluffy wool, neither of which I have worked with before.  Vary awkward to was too, although after a while I got the hang of it and things went a bit better.  I found the main problem was that it was so fluffy and large it was hard to see what I was doing and any mistakes were jolly hard to rectify.  On the other hand, you can't see any mistakes either!  And today is just the right day to wear it.

The chestnut and lentil soup was really delicious.  Quite filling too - we didn't want seconds which means there's a nice little pot of it waiting for my lunch at school today, always supposing I have time to warm it up! Definitely one to do again.

Science observation this afternoon.  Oh, dear!

Photo - this was last week when it was very mild.  I think it's now getting quite a shock.  Apologies for the slight lack of focus.


No comments:

Post a Comment