Monday 7 January 2013

Monday - and a new term starteth!

I'm writing this Sunday evening although it won't get sent until Monday morning.  See, I have little confidence that I will wake particularly early and might not have time to construct anything sensible in the morning.
(and the person who just muttered 'does she ever' can just leave the room - NOW!)
However, I am writing it as if it's Monday.  Hope that makes sense!

Sunday was a hard working, productive day.  For a start, I tackled the planning and got it all sorted.  It's rather jumping in at the deep end but I am sure the children will be ready to get going and start learning again.  I have zillions of printouts (must remember to get some more A4 paper) and, because I had the common sense to take my laptop home over the holiday, I also have the Notebook resources ready for the interactive whiteboard.  I have power point presentations galore.  I have links to web pages.  I've never been so prepared!

B&A came round for lunch.  I served up the savoury crumble I made for last Sunday when I wasn't all that well again so it went in the freezer.  With it I served some fried tomatoes, squishy but perfectly sliced by my newly sharpened kinves.  And you know what - it was all delicious.  Yum yum!

And then B and I searched the Internet for hotel type accomodation.  In February a good friend of hers is getting married and B is a bridesmaid.  I have been invited because I will be looking after A.  We (A and I) will be travelling there on Saturday morning and staying overnight in a hotel before we all make our way home on the Sunday.  It's good - because B will be going up on Friday and it's a family room, I will be able to access the room any time on Saturday, get changed for the wedding there and leave everything ready.  It will be good and I am looking forward to it very much!.

That's about it really.  High ho, high ho, it's off to school I go.  I can't remember what state I left my classroom in.  I did stay for ages after school on the last day of last term but, as I was feeling rotten, I just don't remember how much tidying up and preparation I actually did.  Fingers crossed it won't be too bad.

Photo:  yet another freezing fog one (sorry).  The spiders had all very sensibly disappeared!


No comments:

Post a Comment