Saturday 27 November 2010

Saturday morning and grrrrrrr

I have just popped out to the chest freezer - the one I defrosted last week.
Picked up a bag of fruit and - uh oh - it's starting to thaw. Rootled down and realised that an awful lot has started to thaw. I could cry - all those Christmas vegetables, prepared and ready. The pigs in blankets. My single portions of stewed fruit. The dips and pates. The runner beans. The Streele Farm blackberries (I can salvage them, at least, by jamming them). I suppose nothing is of huge value, but, oh, the work it represents!

I doubt anyone will be able to deliver quickly. And, of course, I have to be at school. There's no-one who has a freezer that isn't in full use, as far as I know.

Oh, I could weep, I really could!

No comments:

Post a Comment