Monday 29 November 2010

Monday morning

. . . and it's still bitterly cold. I gather there will be significant wind today as well so it's going to be arctic-like out there. I think a quick jog (well, drive) to Sainsbury's and back again will need to be as quick as possible!

At least the shed will be out of the wind! I might take the fan heater out there with me as I sort out the upright freezer. There's luxury for you! I'm welcoming the opportunity to actually deal with all the stuff with room and enough to spare. Anyone with a freezer knows how much of a hassle it can be to get the thing defrosted before stuff starts to thaw. Just for once, I won't have to worry about that!

It's a non-pupil day so I have rather a lot of assessment to get through, but in-between times I am going to try to get stuff done.
1. Making the blackberry jelly. It's been dripping overnight and now I have to measure the liquid, add the sugar (pound to pint, I believe, although I must check up on that) and then boil it away to setting point. It might have to be two batches. Then I intend to push the pulp through my mouli to make sauce for ice cream, etc.
2. Get the Christmas red cabbage done again. That's no hassle, it just has to be prepared and bunged in the oven.
3. Redo the Christmas roasties. That might not get done, we will see how the time goes.
4. . . . and, of course, the freezer!

I couldn't believe my eyes when I went into the kitchen yesterday evening to see that the washing machine had stopped at the end of the final rinse with code 4 flashing. I have no idea what code 4 means, the manual didn't say, which is a pain, but I Googled and found that I can get past it by switching off, turning to spin, switching back on again and pressing start. So it's obviously not a big broken bit! It's a Bosch Exclusiv F 1100, not all that new now (so I suspect not worth the call out charge), but please, pretty please, let it continue working at least until after Christmas. I really don't want to have to replace it so soon after the freezer. If anyone know what code 4 means, please would you let me know.

Stay warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment