Monday, 3 August 2026

Monday, 03-08-26

Good morning, everyone!  It's Monday, new week, the sun is shining and, right now, it's very pleasant outside.

I've done my first watering can watering this morning.  I'm not sure it needed it but, while the heat continues, I will be doing morning and evening, particularly the thirsty tomatoes!

Here you go - the mandatory photo!
I've done the morning picking and these will soon be ready to pick.  I'm really loving them this year; they are much happier than in pots and, assuming I feed the soil well, they should grow well next year too.

I'm already thinking about next year, as I am sure some of you are too.  Growing space is limited but I have bought some . . . well, they are called potato bags but they are sturdy and should do for plenty of other veg as well as potatoes.  I'm wondering about over-wintering some early broad beans (so I need to get the seeds soon) and then I can use the same soil for salad leaves, maybe, and so on.  I really would like to grow a bit more produce.


And here's that dahlia, looking very happy and healthy.  Definitely the 'wrong' colour but, dear me, let's not be too fussy!

I do like a survivor!

Today should be circuits but I've pulled out as my shoulder/upper arm is quite sore.  Annoying, but on this occasion I feel it is wiser to rest it than to push on through.  Lindsey said that she can give it a massage at PT on Wednesday - that should help.

When I went to top up the water softener, I found I was down to the last bag of salt pellets so good old Amazon is delivering some today.  With any luck, he will carry them round to the back for me but, if not, I will just have to be very, very careful!  I wonder where I put my trolley box . . .

Well, better go.  I may not be rushing out to circuits but I do have stuff to do so have a lovely day, everyone.  See you tomorrow.  xx

4 comments:

  1. We have blessed rain this morning and I can almost see the pots smiling! Take care if your shoulder and hope the delivery person takes the salt round to the back. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, how wonderful - lucky you. Lucky plants in pots too. We have to get some at some point in the next month, surely? xx

      Delete
  2. A sensible decision to give circuits a miss for today. My whole body is aching, but for once it's down to the gardening I've been doing all week. For five minutes, at least, I am completely weed free! It was quite a challenge I can tell you :) Your tomatoes are looking fantastic! You always get such a great crop.
    Have a lovely day. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm not sorry. I think a bit of a rest will do it the world of good. Well done on being weed free - temporarily, anyway! It must have taken plenty of hard work. xx

      Delete