Thursday 28 July 2022

Thursday

Today's garden happy - I have mint again.  It was definitely worth all the pulling and tugging and sheer hard work getting that root ball out.  

Spot the weed!  It is no longer there now!


Good morning, everyone.  Goodness, how the nights are lengthening again.  It won't be that long before it is still dark when I get up, given what an early bird I usually am.

Yesterday was odd.  I got plenty done in the morning but come the afternoon I developed quite a headache with some sicky feelings and an upset tum.  I hesitate to label it as a migraine and I'm not sure whether it suddenly felt very humid because I felt less than 100% or the other way round.
Anyway, I cancelled personal training and Lindsey has very kindly rescheduled it for Friday afternoon, bless her.

I'm feeling loads better today which is just as well because it's a sociable day today.

Chris is coming over for the usual Thursday coffee and chat and then Val is coming here for lunch and more chat.  I'll be all talked out by mid-afternoon.

The place isn't too bad but there's some corners I want to sort out and the kitchen - always the kitchen - needs a bit of attention - putting things away and giving it the morning wipe over.  That sort of thing.  However, I did get the washing and ironing done yesterday so that's good.

So I'd better stop waffling and get going, hadn't I?

Take care, stay safe and well and have a great day.  xx


12 comments:

  1. I've noticed the dark in the evenings already .
    Have a good chatting day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sue. Yes, it's very obvious in the evenings now. I suppose it is almost August - month 8. :-)
      xx

      Delete
  2. Doesn't Mint look beautiful and innocent when it first comes up .... then it rampages like a vandal taking over the garden. Thank goodness for pots. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really does. Such a beautiful colour too. There's no way I would even plant any in open soil though! So impossible to get rid of once it is established.
      xx

      Delete
  3. It does get darker much earlier now it seems. I had a headache and a bit of a tummy upset yesterday as well.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping you are well again now. xx

      Delete
  4. My husband has had nausea (?) this week and diarrea (?) not good at spelling and doctor said it was a bug that was going round with quite a few people having it. Also we thought it was heat exhaustion as he can't deal with heat. Feeling better today so hope you are ok now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It could have been a bug, thankfully short lasting. xx

      Delete
  5. Perhaps a virus...Covid...the heat...maybe not enough fluids or rest...could be Migraine...feel better soon...and rest....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Not Covid, I am sure, just one of those things and quickly over. Phew. xx

      Delete
  6. Well done on the weeding. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete